Midwestern University Glendale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ya so Midwestern CCP invited me for their visit but I haven't heard jack $hit from GCP. What is this interact account you speak of anyway? I am in the dark here people I sent that app in august too... you think i should contact them or what?

google midwestern interact now and you can find it. your student id is the one they sent you with the supplemental app.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Shaun- We met @ Midwestern on Nov 16. I don't know if I misunderstood or what, but I had know idea they use the exit questions as a writing sample. I had an exam that night, so I rushed my answers so I could get moving and get in a little study time prior.
Now I feel like I've messed up my chances.
Do you know how seriously they examine the exit questions?
All the work I've put in, I would hate to lose my shot because I didn't spend enough time on the exit questions.:(

no the exit survey is just extras for the adcom to go on in deciding over your file. if you did well in your interview, which im sure you did, then you shouldnt worry about the exit survery, its generic questions taht they ask you during interview. good luck with everything...

alternate at midwestern CPG (better than rejection):idea:

Hey, I was also at that interview on Nov. 16, I am the guy from Illinois. So, is being put on the alternate list a good thing or worse than rejection?

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess the exit questions didn't weigh too heavily. I found out today that I'm in!! I thought we were going to have to wait 6 to 8 weeks, but it has only been 10 days!:)

congrats!

can you please post ur stats? my file has been complete with them since nov 3rd.. i havent heard anything and am getting kinda anxious... should i call?

GPA 3.94
PCAT 87

Don't worry, it took a little over 4 weeks for me to get an interview invitation. And with the holidays, things can get backed up. Good luck!!

Waitlisted.... boooo PCAT!

I haven't got it back yet... I'm desperately hoping the score is higher.

I got in!! I had my interview on Nov 16 and it replied in just 5 days and I didn't check until today. For those of you who are still waiting, keep your faith and one day your dream will come true :) :luck:

Congrats pharmcoyote!!! Did you receive an e-mail.. how did they contact you?

i checked the InteractNow and wasn't sure if i saw the right thing , so i called them to confirm.

Howsoonisnow,were you in Nov 16 interview? If so, which one was you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got invited to the interview on 1/12/06...who is going to be there? I can't believe it took two weeks for them review my application after they received my pcat scores...Well neways...The campus looks really nice on the website...I wanna see how nice it looks in person...What did you all think about the campus, the adcoms, and the people there? I already got accepted to LECOM - Erie but am kinda weary about the depressing cold winter months!!! :D O by the way, I heard that they only accepted 15 people so far and that the process is just getting underway...I am pretty sure that they were waiting for the pcat scores from other applicants...Keep the hopes up guys, you might just get the email invite very soon :)

yeap...they were just waiting for pcat scores so now i got an invite. too bad i had other interviews around jan 8 to 12...i had to pick a later date...jan 29. still glad to be interviewing there =)

abt04- my pcat went up marginally... 63 from a 57. No matter how much that school says, "you're pcat and gpa got you to this point, no worries from now on," it just isn't true. I've been told in person by the interviewers how well I interview and I should have nothing to worry about. Well obviously I do! I don't want to go to a school that I feel doesn't want me. I'm banking on the University of Colorado.

abt04- my pcat went up marginally... 63 from a 57. No matter how much that school says, "you're pcat and gpa got you to this point, no worries from now on," it just isn't true. I've been told in person by the interviewers how well I interview and I should have nothing to worry about. Well obviously I do! I don't want to go to a school that I feel doesn't want me. I'm banking on the University of Colorado.

aww.. im sorry.. no dont think they dont want you, they are just looking for the best.. arent all schools like that though? im used to it.. my pcats is 72 the first time and the second and i was put on the waitlist for this school and another and maybe another one as well.. but you know. they are only taking the absolute best (noticed those who got in were like 3.7 and 99pcats and such??) so us average joes/joesephines got to wait til april to know our fate... dont worry, ill be rooting for ya as well as for myself too.

PS: doesnt really matter what the school wants.. any school will do.. its just you gotta remember the big picture which is that you are contributing to the community in the future so dont let a waitlist get you down.

Hey, does anyone know if they consider out of state students differently than in state students for the Midwestern, Glendale campus? and to what degree it affects your acceptance?

Thanks

aww.. im sorry.. no dont think they dont want you, they are just looking for the best.. arent all schools like that though? im used to it.. my pcats is 72 the first time and the second and i was put on the waitlist for this school and another and maybe another one as well.. but you know. they are only taking the absolute best (noticed those who got in were like 3.7 and 99pcats and such??) so us average joes/joesephines got to wait til april to know our fate... dont worry, ill be rooting for ya as well as for myself too.

PS: doesnt really matter what the school wants.. any school will do.. its just you gotta remember the big picture which is that you are contributing to the community in the future so dont let a waitlist get you down.

Thanks.. I just know some of the people who have been accepted and I say to myself, "I'm more qualified than they are. What's the deal?!" Midwestern is known for really focusing a lot on the PCAT and the PCAT does not make a good pharmacist.

Thanks.. I just know some of the people who have been accepted and I say to myself, "I'm more qualified than they are. What's the deal?!" Midwestern is known for really focusing a lot on the PCAT and the PCAT does not make a good pharmacist.

I think they look at the whole picture, I mean they obviously dont weigh PCATS that heavily because last years incoming class only had an average of 80% and their average GPA was a 3.3. I believe this is what the adcoms told me when I asked them...correct me if i'm wrong but looking at the average pcat of last years incoming students definitely does not say that they weigh PCATs heavily. If they did, the avg PCATS would've been around 90%. Its not that they dont want you, they wanna see everyone else's application before making a decision. Obviously, if you got invited for an interview they are somewhat interested in you as a prospective student. Hey cheer up atleast you didn't get denied right after the interview!!! :D

That's true... I don't know, I just feel I interviewed really well and I'm upset they just write me off with an alternate list spot! Anyway, good luck to everyone!

I go to midwestern-cpg and here's the scoop. They do look at the pcat but more emphasis is placed on the quantitative portion of the exam(science and math). They also place a high emphasis on science gpa. According to the "director" of admissions, a high overall PCAT score doesn't mean all that much if these other factors aren't high. The science GPA for next year's class is higher than the 2009 class. Let me know who you interviewed with and I can probably tell you why you were placed on the alternate list.

don't lose hope. i know people in my class that were taken off the alternate list two weeks before school started.

Hey, does anyone know if they consider out of state students differently than in state students for the Midwestern, Glendale campus? and to what degree it affects your acceptance?

Thanks

They don't. They are a private school. Generally with private schools they don't place emphasis on residence. That's a state school thing.

Shaun, it is still SO EARLY in the admissions process. I'm sure this year you'll get pulled from the waitlist. Don't lose hope man. I know you live near the school, it would suck to have to move to Colorado when there is a pharmacy school around the corner. Give it time.

Is it early in the admissions process? It seems kind of late to me.
I am just finishing my PharmCAS application (waiting for reference to be received and transcripts received). I wish I would have turned it in sooner. I do have strong stats though:
GPA -3.9
PCAT -93
pharmacy and other health care experience.
Do you think I have a good chance of getting into Midwestern CPG?

Shaun, it is still SO EARLY in the admissions process. I'm sure this year you'll get pulled from the waitlist. Don't lose hope man. I know you live near the school, it would suck to have to move to Colorado when there is a pharmacy school around the corner. Give it time.

Thanks buddy!

Is it early in the admissions process? It seems kind of late to me.
I am just finishing my PharmCAS application (waiting for reference to be received and transcripts received). I wish I would have turned it in sooner. I do have strong stats though:
GPA -3.9
PCAT -93
pharmacy and other health care experience.
Do you think I have a good chance of getting into Midwestern CPG?

Definitely. Your PCAT is a few higher than mine and your GPA around the same and I got in. Just make sure you have a strong, confident interview and you should be fine.

And it is early in the game. Midwestern has only interviewed about 50 - 60 applicants so far. Some were accepted, some rejected, and some waitlisted. They have 130 seat in each class. There is still a chance for anyone.

For people who have already interviewed, what can I expect when I go there in january? How many people are there to interview per day? How was the sample writing? Anything else that you guys would like to share about the interview? Thanks in advance for the info!!!

check out the interview feedback section, it tells you everything you'll need to know.

Our current class is just over half from out of state and slightly less than half from in-state.

You interview with about 15-20 people in your group, a lot of down time, and they feed you. (I almost spilled juice on myself first thing, the bottles are really full.) Your interview is about 30 minutes with at least one faculty and a mix of 2 other faculty/students/preceptors.

The writing sample is an exit survey, just as stated before. I think one of my questions from my sample was, "Where do you plan on practicing in 5 years?"

slide your mouse over "pharmacy" at the very top, inbetween optometry and podiatry... and it will come up with a list of things. click "pharmacy school interview feedback"

oh man, i still can't find this feedback section. I put my mouse over the pharmacy but still no list. Can you provide a step by step procedure? thanks.

thanks again, you rock!

Our current class is just over half from out of state and slightly less than half from in-state.

You interview with about 15-20 people in your group, a lot of down time, and they feed you. (I almost spilled juice on myself first thing, the bottles are really full.) Your interview is about 30 minutes with at least one faculty and a mix of 2 other faculty/students/preceptors.

The writing sample is an exit survey, just as stated before. I think one of my questions from my sample was, "Where do you plan on practicing in 5 years?"

Blueclassring: the 'director' gives interesting lectures, it's just too bad that we can't turn lead into gold....:D

Hey thanks for the much appreciated information. It just seems like a normal interview everywhere else...

So who is attending the midwestern CPG interview next week especially friday 1/12?

just curious, but has anyone received an interview invite to BOTH the midwestern campuses? I sent both out at the same time, but only Chicago has gotten back to me...:(

just curious, but has anyone received an interview invite to BOTH the midwestern campuses? I sent both out at the same time, but only Chicago has gotten back to me...:(

They have different admission's processes. The schools are basically seperate and do things very differently. Glendale is 3 years, Chicago is 4. It would not be unlikey to hear from one before the other.

I have an interview with Midwestern CPG later this month and i was wondering if anyone can provide some info about the program. I know that it is a 3 year program. Is it also true that the focus is more on Clinical pharmacy instead of retail? I am just looking for any feedback regarding the program focus at CPG.

Haha, wow. I haven't heard a peep from them since my app was completed back in late August. Now I got my letter saying my application is put on hold for a possible future interview. I am actually quite surprised (and flattered) that someone on the adcom sees enough potential in me to not reject me.

I'm already waitlisted for Midwestern CCP and if I stay on hold at CPG, this will be the first year I won't get a rejection from the Midwestern schools! :D

Haha, wow. I haven't heard a peep from them since my app was completed back in late August. Now I got my letter saying my application is put on hold for a possible future interview. I am actually quite surprised (and flattered) that someone on the adcom sees enough potential in me to not reject me.

I'm already waitlisted for Midwestern CCP and if I stay on hold at CPG, this will be the first year I won't get a rejection from the Midwestern schools! :D

Hey whatever you got into pacific university...aren't you going there or are you still waiting on decisions from other schools? I got into LECOM-erie and waiting on midwestern CPG's decision.

Hey whatever you got into pacific university...aren't you going there or are you still waiting on decisions from other schools? I got into LECOM-erie and waiting on midwestern CPG's decision.

lol..that makes three of us, i got into Nova, but im waitlisted at CPG. hehe

lol..that makes three of us, i got into Nova, but im waitlisted at CPG. hehe

Hey abt04, how long after your interview did you find out that you got waitlisted? Did you find out on "interact now" or via snail mail? Hopefully I'll get a decision later this week.

Hey abt04, how long after your interview did you find out that you got waitlisted? Did you find out on "interact now" or via snail mail? Hopefully I'll get a decision later this week.

snail mail.. about 2 and half weeks.

Guess what? I called today wondering if they made a decision on my application and the one lady told me that yea they did and that I GOT IN!!! O YEA!!! For those of you who were wondering, I interviewed on the 12th of january and heard about my acceptance today!!!

BS in Mech Eng
Cum GPA: ~3.45
Science: ~3.41
MAth: ~3..47

Pcat: ~79% composite with a 62% in biology!!!

For those of you who are still waiting on a decision keep your hopes up, as you can see I didn't really have stellar stats!!!

you called?? when can we find out in Interact Now? I am thinking of calling tomorrow but am freaked out.

Guess what? I called today wondering if they made a decision on my application and the one lady told me that yea they did and that I GOT IN!!! O YEA!!! For those of you who were wondering, I interviewed on the 12th of january and heard about my acceptance today!!!

BS in Mech Eng
Cum GPA: ~3.45
Science: ~3.41
MAth: ~3..47

Pcat: ~79% composite with a 62% in biology!!!

For those of you who are still waiting on a decision keep your hopes up, as you can see I didn't really have stellar stats!!!

oh by the way, congrats!
is midwestern glendale your number one choice?
just wondering, what panel were you in on January 12th?
thanks