Midyear/Pharmacotherapy Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stinkertoo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if Midyear is worth going, or I may use the money for registration/flights/hotel for when I have to fly out for interviews (if I get any).

I know it's good if you have many programs in mind (try 20) and you want to narrow it down by talking to the residency coordinators at Midyear. However, can you get that information online or via email?

Also, i was wondering if anyone has an idea of how the 24-month Pharmacotherapy Residency works. Is it like doing two years of a PGY1 residency, or would you really be able to rotate through different positions (peds, ICU, etc) after completing the two years. I know it can earn you a BCPS. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if Midyear is worth going, or I may use the money for registration/flights/hotel for when I have to fly out for interviews (if I get any).

I know it's good if you have many programs in mind (try 20) and you want to narrow it down by talking to the residency coordinators at Midyear. However, can you get that information online or via email?

Also, i was wondering if anyone has an idea of how the 24-month Pharmacotherapy Residency works. Is it like doing two years of a PGY1 residency, or would you really be able to rotate through different positions (peds, ICU, etc) after completing the two years. I know it can earn you a BCPS. Thanks!!

For a Pharmacotherapy residency, I would make the investment and go to midyear. A lot of the programs that offer the 24-month program are highly competitive, and you would want to make that initial impression in person leading up to the interview process.

You can read the following to learn about Pharmacotherapy residencies and where graduates of such programs might end up. As you would imagine, it makes one very versatile. This particular paper is recent, and authored by Directors of some of the more well known programs around the United States.

http://www.atypon-link.com/doi/abs/10.1592/phco.28.7.819