1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

might be a stupid question........but....

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by 2THDDS, Sep 4, 2014.

1. 2THDDS

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Okay, I e-submitted on 8/25 and there was some transcript error that made me resubmit it on 9/2.
    I just checked, and AADSAS says the mail out date will be 9/5/2015 for me.

Does this mean that my schools has no information at all or do they have electronic form of my application that I can see online when I click the application button which brings up the pdf file ? (with everyhing from GPA, EC, DAT, etc, etc)

So far, 5 schools says that they have received application and are under review, and 1 school says application received + DAT score + 3 LOR (under review as well).

So by saying "mail out date", does it literally mean the date they actually mail it out physically?
    or is it done via online??

Thanks for any clarification.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. krdeuce

Pre-Dental
    About 99% sure that's when they mail it out physically, because mine hadn't been mailed out yet but I've already received emails from schools saying they received my application, so they can see the same thing that we can see on our portal, which would include the application

2THDDS likes this.
  4. sjv

sjv
    Moderator Dentist 5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Everything is done electronically but they can see it once you submit which is why you have received those emails.

2THDDS likes this.
  5. 2THDDS

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

So whats the reason for physical mailing?
    And if they can see everything effective immediately, why do people care about mailing dates?

6. 2THDDS

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    thank you btw to both of you guys for clearing it up!

7. sjv

sjv
    Moderator Dentist 5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It isn't physically mailed, its electronically sent and is likely used as the official date of application. Those emails you've received are somewhat automated and sent to everyone who selects that school as a designation.

2THDDS likes this.
  8. 2THDDS

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    yeah it seemed nonsensical to be sending electronically only to send physical package later on.
    Thanks again for clarifying.