Might not be able to get another away, but I already have 2 rotations that'll give me SLOEs. Advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LawnChair

Reaction score
So I think I'm a bit late in the game. I only applied to a couple away rotations initially back in early April, with hopes of Utah mainly. Sounds like its full for now, but I applied for the November rotation (unfortunately during interview season). I applied for even more schools yesterday, but I'm not holding my breath. Fortunately, I do have an EM rotation under my belt already with another one this summer, both home institutions. I think I'll end up with an average SLOE at best for the first one since it was early in 3rd year, but Im confident I can do better on my summer one. Should I just call it and end up with these 2 SLOEs and hope for the best? I've gotten well above average Step scores and rotation scores so far at least. Pretty standard med student otherwise.

Members don't see this ad.

Conventional advice is "One to interview and Two to match". That being said, two home SLOEs is not equal to one away and one home. The purpose of the away SLOE is to create an unbiased letter. Lets be real, there might be some inherent bias in your home SLOE. You need at least one away letter.

Reactions: 1 user