Mile High Metabolism?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NormalSaline

Isotonic Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm from the midwest, but I recently took a vacation to Denver.

While in Denver, I noticed that I would only eat 1-2 meals per day, and I felt full for alot longer than usual.

Was I just less bored than usual, or did the altitude have anything to do with this?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm from the midwest, but I recently took a vacation to Denver.

While in Denver, I noticed that I would only eat 1-2 meals per day, and I felt full for alot longer than usual.

Was I just less bored than usual, or did the altitude have anything to do with this?
less oxygen, less metabolism, less food.

actually i'm speaking out of my ass.

Well, that COULD be an explanation. Though I doubt it'd decrease the number of meals from 4 to 1-2 per day. Maybe you were eating more? Or maybe you were eating different kinds of food? Finally, maybe the fact you weren't as active - considering you were in holidays - also had to do with that, as it lowered energy consumption?

Finally, maybe the fact you weren't as active - considering you were in holidays - also had to do with that, as it lowered energy consumption?

Thats a decent hypothesis, except i was walking up mountains, skiing and occasionally running from flocks of lovestruck girls ;)

which is all way more than my usual "sit at the coffee shop and cram knowledge into my brain" level of activity

wii fit even says i lost 6.5 lbs.