Military Match Applicant Data?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mac61

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
While in another forum I came across this doc ( http://www.nrmp.org/data/chartingoutcomes2007.pdf ) that outlines more statistical data on the civilian match than one needs to know, kinda wonder why there's no comparable document for the military GME selection board.

Above and beyond the applicant/position ratio, I think it would be nice to have some idea of the types of applicants who matched into specialties. For nothing more than transparency, I found several categories that would remove much confusion from the applicant pool like:

1) separation of MSIV applicants and independent applicants
2) average USMLE scores of applicants and matriculates
3) average number of research publications etc of applicants and matriculates

I fully understand that the data vary from year to year (which I find a convenient excuse for witholding data), but having some idea of what you're getting into before you start fighting for Ortho with a 2.5/185/200 could be nice.

I rescind the above post in the event that such a document exists and I just don't know where to find it, but I have a feeling we'd know if it were there.

Someday when I'm in charge......

Members don't see this ad.

Above and beyond the applicant/position ratio, I think it would be nice to have some idea of the types of applicants who matched into specialties. For nothing more than transparency, ......

This is the government!! We don't value transparency!! :D

While in another forum I came across this doc ( http://www.nrmp.org/data/chartingoutcomes2007.pdf ) that outlines more statistical data on the civilian match than one needs to know, kinda wonder why there's no comparable document for the military GME selection board.

Above and beyond the applicant/position ratio, I think it would be nice to have some idea of the types of applicants who matched into specialties. For nothing more than transparency, I found several categories that would remove much confusion from the applicant pool like:

I fully understand that the data vary from year to year (which I find a convenient excuse for witholding data), but having some idea of what you're getting into before you start fighting for Ortho with a 2.5/185/200 could be nice.

I rescind the above post in the event that such a document exists and I just don't know where to find it, but I have a feeling we'd know if it were there.

The document exists, you just can't see it.

If you're Navy, take a trip up the elevator to the GME programs office and get to know the secretaries. They know everything.

Members don't see this ad :)

Much of what your asking is not compiled as such, but in the end it is moot due to the year to year variations.

Does anyone know Army fellowship data such as number of applicants vs openings on various IM subspecialties.

Thanks.