Military Medicine to Civilian Medicine? Research for Network TV Show

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EvaWrites

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Hope this isn't considering hijacking your great site -- please point me in the right direction if this isn't the right place to post this.

I'm a TV writer doing research for a potential network television show (scripted, not reality), and I'd love to talk to some doctors who have experience as a deployed military doctor or medic who later practiced in a civilian setting.

Also, I'm interested to know of specific differences (whether protocol or anecdotal) between treatment of certain conditions or medical situations in a military combat setting versus in a civilian medical setting.

Please reply to this post with your contact information (or your experience comparing the two worlds, or anecdotes of differences in treatment, etc.) or email me directly at [email protected]

Trying to be accurate in our development of this potential TV series, so I'd really appreciate it .

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Sure, would you like to hear how we ran out of running water in one of the bathrooms last week and all of the Marines I'm deployed with continued pooping in the toilets until $hit was touching the bottom of the rims? Or maybe you would like to hear about how the two biggest complaints presenting to the emergency department right now are "I need a shaving waiver" and "My stool is slightly softer today than it was yesterday?" I can also tell you about how there are nine men to every woman here. The ratio is so skewed that even the 5's are acting like desert queens.

Members don't see this ad :)
In all seriousness, if you want to reach a larger audience, you can try using the form at http://www.airforcemedicine.af.mil/main/contactus.asp . See if the surgeon general's office can find more people for you to talk to. I treated more gunshot wound and fire victims as a civilian doctor than I ever did in the military.

Do you guys really practice medicine or just fill out profile and clearance forms in the Air Force? I heard they are going to change everything around where the actual doctor-patient part gets out sourced and the AF guys just sit around and complete checklists :)