Military OMS - CBSE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

travelandteeth

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
maybe this has already been discussed ad nauseam but I'm hoping for an update, if there is one.

What are the average acceptance CBSE scores for those that are selected out of school?

Members don't see this ad.

maybe this has already been discussed ad nauseam but I'm hoping for an update, if there is one.

What are the average acceptance CBSE scores for those that are selected out of school?
That information is not publicly released. You need >55, in general.

Reactions: 1 user

I have been told for Army 60+ with externships you're getting in no problem. Do I still stress and want to get a 70+ just in case? Maybe

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been told for Army 60+ with externships you're getting in no problem. Do I still stress and want to get a 70+ just in case? Maybe
That statement is generally correct, but assumes you interview well and get good LoR's from an Army OMS. I know of multiple residents who got in with <60.

That statement is generally correct, but assumes you interview well and get good LoR's from an Army OMS. I know of multiple residents who got in with <60.
I had no idea about any of this when I signed my HPSP contract. I love it. Now if only the Army could approve more time to moonlight

Every service is different. Truth is, if you're at a 75 you're golden as long as you have good grades, good LOR, and honestly if you can have someone make the right call for you when you ace your interview. The Navy in-service OMS residencies are actually very good in 2021. WRNMC is under the leadership of Dr. Perez and NMC-Portsmouth under Dr. Khorassani. They faculty are mainly out-service trained OMS's (ironic right?) and you'll notice that is a large part to the increase in scope and way the programs are run.

A 75+ is overkill. It really depends on what branch you’re in. Army has the lowest scores, where I was told you need a 50+ to be considered (and they would rather leave spots unfilled than take someone with a sub 50 score.) Air Force usually has the highest average (somewhere around 65+ and you have a good shot). Not sure about navy, but I guarantee it isn’t 75 average (prob somewhere around mid 60’s as well).