Sep 23, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Does anyone have any experience with the military - Army, Navy, Air Force - scholarships? I am having trouble finding the application materials...if someone knows it, could you please post a link?

For the military scholarships, the thought of paid tuition is a serious bonus; however, I'm worried about being geographically restricted post graduation. Anyone have any comments on this?

It seems like you have fewer geographic restrictions with the NHSC - did anyone apply this year, and can anyone find a link to the 2010-2011 application? The website has the 2009-2010 application, but oddly, that was due last April. And no newer application has been posted (that I can see). Help?

Thanks...

fldnstrm

5+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2009
NY,NY
Status
Dental Student
As far as the HPSPs through the different branches of the military, there is no online application (at least that has been my experience). What I did was find the nearest recruiting offices(Google) for the ARMY, NAVY, and AIR FORCE, and called them and asked for the information for their health proffesions recruiter. It was through the recruiter that I submitted all of my application.

nuartywayne

7+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field], Dentist
google Army, Navy, Air Force HPSP...

your school should have a card for the medical recruiter in your area

lphiewok

ACFAS Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2007
Fort Polk, LA
Status
Dentist
under dental forums, check out the military dentistry forum.
There are nearly hundred of threads about HPSP under the military forum.