Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Military service scholarship

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Dena, Nov 21, 1998.

1. Dena

Dena Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Is anyone applying for HPSP (Health Professions Scholarship Program)? If so, has your paperwork been submitted and do you have any idea how competitive it is? Paying for school has been on mind quite a bit lately, although schools have reassured me that loan money is available. Thanks in advance for any information...

2. Hskermdic

Hskermdic Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Dena,
    I am planning on applying to that program although I admit I really don't know as much about it as I would like. I requested information several months ago and was told that applications would not be available until January.

I would be interested in hearing what everyone else knows about this program, its competitiveness etc.

Carrie

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kansai

Kansai Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi all,

Has anyone considered the National Health Service Corps? At all of my interviews they say quite a bit about the military programs, but only mention NHSC in passing. Does anyone know anymore about it?

Stef

4. truly

truly New Member

Hi there everyone. I'm currently a first
    year student at OUCOM in Athens, Ohio and
    am on the 4 year Navy HPSP scholarship...
    I also received the 4 year Army HPSP but
    turned it down, so if you have any questions
    about either of the processes or about
    OUCOM, drop me a line at [email protected]
    Talk to you soon!

Cheers,

Warren Hsu

5. DO DUDE

DO DUDE Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I was an Army officer for 6 years prior to applying to DO school this year. If anyone has any general questions about the military I would be happy to field them to the best of my ability.