All Branch Topic (ABT) Military spouses who are dentists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wookiee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a spouse who is also a dentist, but in the civilian sector? Mine took SRTA, but hasn’t practiced for the 5 years required to gain reciprocity in most states. I’m scheduled to PCS this summer, but do not yet know to where. There are certain states that are a possibility to go where SRTA isn’t accepted for licensing though (North Carolina, Georgia, Hawaii, Oklahoma, Maryland, to name a few, although there are others).

Does anyone know if there are states that grant reciprocity to military spouses so they can find a job and work? I've heard the NC and a few others have some type of licensing for for military spouses, but I'm wondering if there are others who have gone through this. Just wondering what their experience was and if they have any advice to offer.

Members don't see this ad.

Good morning,

I am a military spouse who is a dentist. We were stationed from TX to SC and I have had all kinds of issues with my licensing here. I realize your post was from a few months ago, just curious what came of your situation and if you guys ended up in a state that accepted SRTA!