Military to Pay for OT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wave06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used to the military to help pay for your education? My biggest fear is accruing more debt than I already have from my undergraduate. I found a Navy scholarship that looks pretty generous. Any opinions?

http://www.navy.com/navy/careers/he...arships&sid=occupational+therapy+scholarships

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone used to the military to help pay for your education? My biggest fear is accruing more debt than I already have from my undergraduate. I found a Navy scholarship that looks pretty generous. Any opinions?

http://www.navy.com/navy/careers/he...arships&sid=occupational+therapy+scholarships

it depends on whether you want to go to school now or later.

if you can hold off on school, you can join the military as enlisted and save up money to go to school. once you're done with the military, you can use the GI BILL and Post GI Bill to pay for school. Granted, the GI BILL and Post GI Bill is only supplemental, but it does help.

if you don't want to hold off on school, then the link you provided will be more to your liking. it looks like an agreement which you can attend school (which they will pay for), but right after you graduate, you will have to serve in the navy for however long your contract is. with this option, you will more than likely come in as an officer.

hope that wasn't too confusing.

Those with a degree in OT can get a DsOT from the army.
The link is down but the school is in texas and it pays while you are a student and then you owe them 18 months. When the link works again I will post it.

Thanks guys, for your input. I spoke to my cousin who did it and he enlisted right after high school, but his wife commissioned after her undergrad and entered as an officer. According to him, commissioning is the best route. The military sure does a great job of making it all sound so appealing. I'm just not sure about committing three years of my life to who knows where in the world?! Haha! I guess I have to find another way. =/