Military Uniforms

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Katatonic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could someone give me a description of the uniform that each branch of the military wears while they are at work in the hospital? I'm just curious, because I'm at a new place where there are many military docs, and I'm not sure what branch they're in just by looking at them. Some are in all tan (which I thought was Navy), but then some others are in all white or just a white shirt with the black/gold lapels (which I also thought was Navy?). Just curious, thanks!

P.S. I tried google already, but there are a ton of uniforms it seems like, so I figured I'd just ask the the people who actually know.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks, I think I confused the Army Class B uniform with a Navy uniform. Wikipedia wins again.

You know by coincidence I guess I ran across something that detailed the army's new replacement for the green uniforms, i.e. the blue ones they already have. I must say some of the things they're doing with it look like total crap.

A note about ACUs as well... A couple of years ago, on a sunny day, I was standing at some distance with another guy when we saw several men who appeared to be walking around in white outfits. "Whose that over there," asked the other guy. As I noticed the humvees I replied, "Oh, that's just the army in their new concealing camouflage." :rolleyes:

The above was written as a result of shear boredome on a Sunday afternoon.