Millcreek PA psych residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothless rufus

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about this program? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Pays poorly, but for some reason I've been intrigued by it simply because I thought Erie was a great town. Don't know too much. I would personally take it over sitting out a year.

Pays poorly, but for some reason I've been intrigued by it simply because I thought Erie was a great town. Don't know too much. I would personally take it over sitting out a year.

Yeah. It starts at 36K. Ouch. With Q3 first year and Q4 years 3-4.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you getting that from Osteopathic.org (the call schedule)? I've wondered how accurate those are. That's brutal, though. I'd duck out if that were the case. I wonder if it's home call.

Are you getting that from Osteopathic.org (the call schedule)? I've wondered how accurate those are. That's brutal, though. I'd duck out if that were the case. I wonder if it's home call.

Yes. If offered a spot I will ask them for the details first. I am up in the air on this. But rather desperate. I'd like to take my chances again next cycle over this, but I don't think that's a wise choice. I feel like I'm in high school and being stood up for the prom.

Last edited:
That is the legit salary. I interviewed there. There is subsidized housing for residents which may help.

As far as hours, it seemed more than ACGME programs because they don't have to abide by ACGME work hour rules. No moonlighting.

A significant amount of time is covering a geriatric/nursing ward.

That is the legit salary. I interviewed there. There is subsidized housing for residents which may help.

As far as hours, it seemed more than ACGME programs because they don't have to abide by ACGME work hour rules. No moonlighting.

A significant amount of time is covering a geriatric/nursing ward.

What is up with DO residency salaries?! They get the same funding as MD residencies, correct? Geez!

How many places did you apply and how many interviews did you get/go on? When did your ERAS app go out to the programs?
I ask because I'm trying to get a sense of if there are things that you can easily fix next time to improve your chances in the match.
In the end, you'll be a psychiatrist no matter what program you go to, and that's an awesome thing, so if you do think this is your best chance and you think you would be able to tolerate the program, don't feel bad about taking it even though it's not a dream program.
However, if you think there are things you can improve for next year, it might be worth waiting out this year in a TRI/research spot and trying again next year.
I definitely feel for you.

How many places did you apply and how many interviews did you get/go on? When did your ERAS app go out to the programs?
I ask because I'm trying to get a sense of if there are things that you can easily fix next time to improve your chances in the match.
In the end, you'll be a psychiatrist no matter what program you go to, and that's an awesome thing, so if you do think this is your best chance and you think you would be able to tolerate the program, don't feel bad about taking it even though it's not a dream program.
However, if you think there are things you can improve for next year, it might be worth waiting out this year in a TRI/research spot and trying again next year.
I definitely feel for you.

I will pm you later.