Million dollar fund raiser.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jalby

I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to pass along something my friend told me. How many people here applied to Boston College? About 1/3. 9,300 applied two years ago. Remember the secondary? Send in the letters of rec and 100$. That's it. So, 100*9,300 is 930,000$. I think this amount is pretty rediculous considering they could easily eliminate 4,000 people before sending out the secondary and it is the most expensive secondary.

Members don't see this ad.

What's worse is AMCAS. Let's use conservative numbers. Say that only 30,000 apply and 10 percent get fee waivers. That leaves 27,000 paying applicants. If each applicant applies to only three schools (the average last year was 11.7 school) and that is a $210 fee. Total conservative estimated income for one year of applicants is $5,670,000 dollars...all tax-free as AMCAS is of course a non-profit organization.

And they don't even have an 800 number...

I think you mean Boston University....BC does not have a med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
The rich only gets richer. *sigh* So, why does BU have to have such a high tuition rate, when they are already raking it in with the secondary fees. They should hire nicer phone answering people too. :mad:

AMCAS needs that much money to pay their highly trained computer "experts".

And to staff the warehouse-sized room full of telephone operators standing by waiting for your phone call...

I also find BU's income from secondaries ridiculous. Plus, it's not like they are sweating over tons of secondary essays; they don't require ANY!

I thin Tufts is the worse though. Wasn't it $95? And Tufts does not send out completion postcards and they explicitly mention on thier secondary or somewhere in thier secondary invitation to NOT CALL THEM becaue they won't give you your status until I think late March. Someone is getting rich off of us. Someone or we should really do something about this robbery.