minivan vs suv

jhug

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
really random question but....do you put triplets in a minivan or an suv with two rows?? We are looking at the honda minivan but i just can't see me driving one :) then again, i can't see me as the dad of three :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your upcoming insta-family! My sister, who has twins and another one on the way, went the mini-van route, and says it's really the only way to go. First, the doors are lower to the ground than an SUV's, and the doors open wider, allowing for more room to negotiate car seats, diaper bags, etc. Second, the seats are apparently easier to get to because you have an eisle between seats. She likes the captain seats in her van a lot. Third, there's just more room for other stuff, like groceries.

Hope this helps -

Nanon

This decision is easy: minivan!
YOu just have to get over the stigma and go for it. You will appreciate the space, the low entry which makes it easier to put (three!!!) car seats in, as well as the space for other people. Besides, by the time they are toddlers, you will not want them sitting directly next to each other...hitting, biting, or feeding one another all sorts of interesting things. If you can afford it, dfinitely go for the Honda Odyssey. My mother has one and it is FANTASTIC!!! The gas mileage is unbelievable and it is very easy to drive, open and close the hatch, etc... It is also easy for the driver or front passenger to "walk" to the back without having to stop the car to get out.
Good Luck!

Well, with our twins (making our family grow to five people) we had to get a minivan. An suv is just not wide enough in the back to fit all of those back-facing carseats! Plus, you can actually walk down the middle of a minivan and buckle everyone up (useful if you need to buckle wiggly toddlers up while it is raining/snowing/sleeting outside - you can be INSIDE the car and do it). Now that we have four kids there simply aren't enough seats in an suv! :D Anyway, my vote is for a minivan - preferably one that has TWO sliding doors - with one of them being automatic (believe me, those features will make your life soooo much easier in the coming years)!

Jennifer