Minnesota acceptance question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pcguy2

Minneapolis Master
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I went to the admissions office and they said my application has been fully reviewed and a decision has been made. However, they have a policy of not telling me in person or by phone. Only the offical channel can be used (phone or email or mail).

I was wondering how you got notified and what day it was. Because the meeting is on Wednesday, and its Friday today, couldn't they have called or emailed by now? And if its mail, it should still get here today. I live in the same city so even normal mail gets here in 1 day.

Just wondering how this works? Do they call on weekends or something to make sure your not in school?

Thanks a lot guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Paul White called me on a Friday around 6 PM Eastern time. I think I read on SDN that people get calls from Dr. White late into the evening. If he hasn't called yet, there are a few hours yet. Good luck!

Thanks! So he calls Friday after work huh? Cool.

During the interview he said that he could also send emails. Anyone get one of those instead of a call?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to chime in again! He actually tried to call home first, but because I go to school out of state, he couldn't reach me and couldn't tell the good news to my dad. So he e-mailed me instead. If he can't get a hold of you or leave a message at your preferred number, I think Dr. White will send you an e-mail.

So, he called your house at 6 but you got an email later. Ah I see.

Thanks a lot man.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Did anybody get an acceptance this week? I waited all day Thursday and Friday by my phone. :(

I think this coming Monday (4/30) might be their last day of interviews? When I was there 2 weeks ago Dr. White said they had 10 more offers to give out for those interviewing over the next 3 weeks.

I really want to be one of those 10.

I also got a call on a Friday at around 5 o' clock Minnesota time. I never got an email though, and if it's letter they're sending out don't be surprised if you don't get that until early May.

I got a call on a Fri afternoon, about 4:30 eastern time. The packet took over 2 weeks to get to me after the call, but maybe they'll be quicker about it now...this was in early March.

You interviewed on the week of April 9th? If so, you should be expecting a call in 2 weeks.

I interviewed late March and they finally told me that I got my application completed. Unless you already called as asked.

I Got Accepted!!!!!!!!!

Woooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooo

Congrats!!!! That's really awesome!!

congrats man!!! im really waiting to hear from the umn. ive been put in the waitlist category. the waiting sucks.. couting down to may 15th..

hey its not just may 15th.

If your on the wait list, dr white told me that you can be accepted even long into the summer if by some chance that people drop!

theres always hope.