Minnesota vs BU? MPH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

backwardinduction

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure which of these schools to pick. Basically UMN is a slightly better school and a fair bit cheaper than BU, but BU isn't as far away from my home. I don't know all of the details yet on financial aid and whatnot, but UMN would probably cheaper.

Does anyone have any insight as to which program would be better to attend?

Members don't see this ad.

Consider what your career goals are. Which school offers a better selection of coursework in your field of interest? Are you interested in research? Which school offers better access to research opportunities and has professors that do research in the field that you're interested in? Location is another big thing to consider. You mentioned that BU is closer to where you live currently. Is that a location you would like to stay in and build your career? The majority of your professional network is going to reside near the school that you choose to attend.

You haven't provided very much information, so it's very difficult for anybody to give you much advice here. Both are good schools and you'll probably see very good success no matter which one you choose.

Consider what your career goals are. Which school offers a better selection of coursework in your field of interest? Are you interested in research? Which school offers better access to research opportunities and has professors that do research in the field that you're interested in? Location is another big thing to consider. You mentioned that BU is closer to where you live currently. Is that a location you would like to stay in and build your career? The majority of your professional network is going to reside near the school that you choose to attend.

You haven't provided very much information, so it's very difficult for anybody to give you much advice here. Both are good schools and you'll probably see very good success no matter which one you choose.

Yeah good points, I sort of just blotted this out before going to bed hahaha, and yeah I'm more interested in research, which I think UMN would be a bit better for. I just don't see myself staying in Minnesota much past the PhD level.