Minnesota vs. UCI and UMaryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yOUkNOWtHIS

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks to those of your who voted. It seems the majority of you guys are leaning towards UCI and Maryland over Minnesota which confuses me. Minnesota is higher ranked than both schools, and if cost is not a factor, why would so many of you not choose Minnesota-Twin Cities. The match list for Minnesota is better than UCI and slightly better or equivalent to Maryland. Almost 10% of each class is accepted into Mayo alone for their residencies. Just interested to hear some feedback from anyone familiar with any of these schools, but especially Minnesota, as that is the school I am leaning towards. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I only voted for Maryland because I go there. Don't know a thing about the other schools. :wink:

It's all about location. 100%. You will spend more time out of the classroom than it regardless of where you go.

I only know MD and MN.

MD is located on MLK Blvd. which is a rather crummy area. It also is on a campus by itself.

MN is located in the middle of the ugrad big 10 university. it is north of a crummy area.

i personally like MN more cause I'm sick of Baltimore, want to be surrounded by the youthful energy of a ugrad, and like having access to many major medical centers and compete with a nearby hopkins (mayo is over an hour away)