futuredruggist

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2006
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Does anyone know much about Minocycline-induced autoimmune disease, such as incidence, risk factors, etc?

I know that lupus and arthritis have been seen in people who used Minocycline for several years.

I have already done some literature searches and didn't find much in depth. I'm asking if anyone has first-hand experience with this.

dynx

Yankee Imperialist
15+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2003
IN YOUR HEAD...let me out!
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Does anyone know much about Minocycline-induced autoimmune disease, such as incidence, risk factors, etc?

I know that lupus and arthritis have been seen in people who used Minocycline for several years.

I have already done some literature searches and didn't find much in depth. I'm asking if anyone has first-hand experience with this.

Yeah, the incidence is about "really F*cking rare" and the risk factors are taking minocycline for several years. If this is for a class tell whoever asked you to go f*ck themselves. Useless knowledge....says me.

About the Ads

dynx

Yankee Imperialist
15+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2003
IN YOUR HEAD...let me out!
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Well in that case....
SDN is not a site to elicit medical information for personal or patient disease or pharmacutical managment. We are unable to allow threads that purport to obtain information for the reason of diagnosing, treating or otherwise managing any diseases. Please contact your primary care physician or, if this is an emergancy, get off your ass and dial 911.

This thread will be closed in.

FMR1

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 24, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hi there I've done some benchwork with minocycline. Check out this article and look up some of their sources for more info.

This article is also good. Sorry it's too big for me to upload on here. Author is V.W. Yong 2004 and the title is The promise of minocycline in neurology

Attachments

• min-side-effects.pdf
    177.7 KB · Views: 86
About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.