Minor (I think) mistake on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorFate

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Upon reviewing my AMCAS submission a week ago, I noticed that I mistakenly classified the activity "Student/Resident Conduct Board (SRCB)" as "Paid Employment - Medical/Clinical". The correct classification is "Paid Employment - Not Medical/Clinical". The activity description makes this very clear so I don't expect it to be a big issue.

However, the general advice I saw online was that you should still notify schools about things such as this. Should I upload/update a document with the following:

Dear Admissions Committee,

My name is XX, and I have applied to your school of medicine this application cycle. I mistakenly classified the activity "Student/Resident Conduct Board (SRCB)" as "Paid Employment - Medical/Clinical" on AMCAS. The correct classification is "Paid Employment - Not Medical/Clinical". The activity description makes this very clear, but I wanted to ensure it was brought to your attention to avoid any possible confusion. I apologize for this error and thank you for your time and attention in considering this corrected information.

Sincerely,
XX

Members don't see this ad.

Thank You! I had sent it to a few schools already before I thought to ask SDN, so will refrain from going any further.