OP
T

thestrokes14

7+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Thanks for the response.

Just curious, would this even need to be reported on your applications anywhere? I am not very familiar with AMCAS apps or school specific apps.

camaras2480

Wrapping things up
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi Everyone:

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the ramifications for having a relatively minor school misdemeanor (such as being written up by your RA for drinking) might be.

While fully acknowledging that any sort of behavior is embarrassing and unacceptable, sometimes small thinks like that can really set you on the right path. But, does anyone have any idea what something like this might mean come medical school applications?

Thanks!
This is not a misdemeanor. Med schools will know you had this incident ONLY if it shows up on your record. If you got a badge that said I'm an Alcoholic, and a letter of warning, then it generally would not be on your record, and med schools wouldnt know.

YouNeverKnow22

7+ Year Member
May 14, 2009
Grey Street
Status
Pre-Medical
This is not a misdemeanor. Med schools will know you had this incident ONLY if it shows up on your record. If you got a badge that said I'm an Alcoholic, and a letter of warning, then it generally would not be on your record, and med schools wouldnt know.
yeah usually first time is a warning with an alcohol class and paper i think

OP
T

thestrokes14

7+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Yeah, its not on my record or anything. I was just wondering if there was a place it "should" be mentioned on typical medical school applications.

camaras2480

Wrapping things up
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
Yeah, its not on my record or anything. I was just wondering if there was a place it "should" be mentioned on typical medical school applications.
No. Never on your record = no need to report.

Stratego

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2009
Status
If it was an institutional action, you need to report. But regardless, if it was only once, it will not be helpa against ou in the med school application process. Three times proves you're not a fast learner, so don't go there.