Misdemeanor proof read

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rejectedhardcor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yes, send me a PM. Some secondaries will exclude these, by the way (unless it's a DUI or felony charge).

I received a ticket a few years back and the state I was in classifies all speeding tickets as misdemeanors. Wondering if someone would be willing to proof read my AMCAS statement regarding my misdemeanor?

I can take a look. I have already written mine (for a DUI).

Members don't see this ad :)
What are you going to say? "On xx/xx/xx I received a misdemeanor conviction for speeding in the state of XX."
The end. No details required or expected. Don't make it more than it is, which is nothing. Read the questions as they may specifically exclude minor traffic violations.

Speeding tickets? Really?

Especially with how terribly the justice system proves these cases.....(Your word against the cops)

You may want to contact the AMCAS directly and ask them about it. Even if your state considers it a misdemeanor they may not; a lot of med schools don't. Save room on your personal statement talking about what you really want to talk about.

Speeding tickets? Really?

Especially with how terribly the justice system proves these cases.....(Your word against the cops)
Which is why they consistently lose when you get a lawyer and take them to court. ;)

Which is why they consistently lose when you get a lawyer and take them to court. ;)

You realize a lawyer isn't a magician, right? He can only manipulate the law so much.

You realize a lawyer isn't a magician, right? He can only manipulate the law so much.

I do realize that. For speeding tickets, I'm yet to have one which has not been dismissed. So obviously, magic is not really needed.

I do realize that. For speeding tickets, I'm yet to have one which has not been dismissed. So obviously, magic is not really needed.

Oh, I misread your tone. Thought you were being sarcastic in your previous post.

Oh, I misread your tone. Thought you were being sarcastic in your previous post.

I sort of was. I agree that the bar the cops have to meet to have the ticket upheld by the court is not very high. Yet, they tend to be quite sloppy and a lot of times getting the ticket dismissed is fairly easy.

Cost of lawyer > cost of speeding ticket?

Increase in insurance cost for the next few years > cost of lawyer.

It's not a big deal. I had one (granted for 32 mph) and I still got into multiple schools.

I wouldn't worry. I have two speeding tickets on my record. One for 5 mph over (I was going more like 15 over but it was my first one, I was polite, and the cop was lenient). The other for 10-15 mph hour. I had NO idea that they were considered a misdemeanor in my state (Iowa). So I didn't note them anywhere on AMCAS or even think twice about it. Then I got my background check from a school I got an interview from, opened it out of curiosity, and saw the two misdemeanors. I thought about sending all of my schools a brief explanation, but never got around to it. I still got into multiple schools.