Misdemeanor question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IUdocwolverine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted post

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'd assume they "reserve the right," but if your app is compelling enough then it shouldn't matter. Plus, if it was dismissed through a youth offender program, it was probably long enough ago that it shouldn't raise any eyebrows.

Why would you want to challenge your rejection because of a misdemeanor? The process is so subjective that even if you were rejected for that reason alone you probably wouldn't be told that.

I doubt it'll be a deal breaker, but think of it this way: given two nearly identical applicants, would you rather take the one with or without a criminal record (even if it is a misdemeanor)?

EDIT: Didn't see that it was dismissed. In that case, this won't affect you at all.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
AMCAS specifically states to exclude dismissed misdemeanors (as well as expunged or sealed convictions). So no worries there.

You may have to put it down on a few secondaries depending on how their question is worded.

The fact that its been dismissed is obviously a huge plus. I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. Good luck.

You're fine. Even then...very rarely will schools reject you because of a minor misdemeanor like MIP.

i'd leave it off of your application.

talk to a lawyer & get it expunged ASAP.