Misdemeanor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ztg93

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today, I discovered my only traffic violation is actually considered a misdemeanor in my county. It was a "assured clear distance ahead" ticket as a result of rear-ending someone, but occurred before I was 18, so it's a juvenile offense. The problem is that I already submitted my primary without indicating that I have been charged with a misdemeanor. Will this hurt me after schools do a background check? Would it be ok if I just email schools individually or include it in secondaries where applicable? I only had to pay a small fine as a result and it's the only thing on my record. Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Unless it's a DUI, nobody will care.

Today, I discovered my only traffic violation is actually considered a misdemeanor in my county. It was a "assured clear distance ahead" ticket as a result of rear-ending someone, but occurred before I was 18, so it's a juvenile offense. The problem is that I already submitted my primary without indicating that I have been charged with a misdemeanor. Will this hurt me after schools do a background check? Would it be ok if I just email schools individually or include it in secondaries where applicable? I only had to pay a small fine as a result and it's the only thing on my record. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: 1 user
Nope, not a DUI. It would be wise to send schools an email about it though, correct?