1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Misdemeanors when Applying

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bg3323, Aug 1, 2011.

1. bg3323

5+ Year Member

Okay so here's my dilemma:

When I was 18, I was convicted with a Minor Misdemeanor Disorderly Conduct. I was a moron and never got this expunged, and then last year at age 20, I was convicted of a Misdemeanor Disorderly Conduct and Underage Purchase of Alcohol. Since there are multiple charges on my record, I cannot have any of them expunged now so I'm left to deal with the consequences of my actions.

How negatively will this affect my chances of 1.) Getting an interview and 2.) Matriculating into medical school? Does anyone know which schools view this as completely unacceptable versus which ones are more willing to grant an interview and allow me to give an explanation? Any insight with this would be an enormous help.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SeminoleVesicle

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
  4. KindofBlue

KindofBlue Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Man! That link was pretty cool..
    Didn't know they had things like that..lol :thumbup:

5. CodeBlu

CodeBlu Dream Weaver
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
  6. CodeBlu

CodeBlu Dream Weaver
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Do a search. But... generally for booze... adcoms don't tend to care as much.

If they do bring it up... discuss it maturely and state what you learned from it. Sometimes they might not bring it up at all.

7. TheMightySmiter

7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    The MIP isn't such a big deal. But I might be worried about the multiple disorderly conduct charges...

8. Lil Mick

5+ Year Member

MD/PhD Student
    I have a bit of experience with this and have looked into logistics further down the line. They aren't going to like the charges, but, as long as you have grown from them and have insight into how to prevent further incidents, it's usually not a problem. Matriculating won't be a problem. Most states' laws for licensing don't automatically disqualify people (usually just malpractice-medical type felonies or crimes against children or the elderly) and usually have a 10-15 year limit on even considering a charge for licensing purposes... Feel free to PM me if you want to talk more :)