Misery loves company

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Coracao

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to share some misery? I have a week to go and feeling pretty drained...not some much from all the hours I have put in, but because the results are NOT improving. Feeling pretty sad, and hoping to snap out of this real quick...need to get back to studying the mess I made of the last test...but so down, I just can't seem to concentrate.

....and please, to all the nay sayers don't mock the misery, I'm sure we all go through it!

Any support is well appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

No misery here and it is not needed, because you can do anything you set your mind and will to. Success belongs to those who want it bad enough. Do you want it bad enough? If your answer is: "Hell yeah!" then there will be nothing stopping you from achieving your goal. Go at it with everything you've got and save nothing for the return trip home. Pretend you are swimming out into a large lake with Ethan Hawke, the one who swims out furthest wins. Save nothing for the return swim back to shore and that's how you will win. Don't give up! Don't quit!

If you find yourself wallowing in self-pity and misery, you may be burning out. Take a day off. Yes a whole and complete day doing only the things you love doing. Reward yourself like you never have before because you probably haven't for a long time if ever. If that is not enough, take two days off. But, whatever you do, make it as a day for yourself, for what you want to do, for the things that you think are fun and make you happy. After that, the following day, take 30 minutes to go over a subject for the MCAT. Take a 30 minute break, and go at it again. Work your way back up, then take breaks. Take breaks regularly, but moderately. But most of all, don't give up! You've put so much hard work into this to reach the point of misery, but you got that much more hard work left to finish. Quitting is an option, but furthermore, it is a choice. You can choose to lose, or you can choose to win. Choose to win, trust me, it is actually the easier choice.

I understand how you feel. You're right. Everyone goes through it. The best thing to do is to resist the tendency to resign yourself to inevitability. Just because you're doing below your standards now doesn't mean you can't do better on the test. Convince yourself that you have the ability to answer each question right. If you think you'll get a 9 because you got a 9 on a practice test, it's more likely you'll get a 9. You have to internalize the possibility of a high score.

Thanks guys...so needed a quick boost! btw my answer is HELL YEAH!!!! allllll the way. Quitting was never a though, just seems super hard to get out of the hole. I guess once you build some momentum hopefully there is no stopping to us right? I'm not at the point where I need to take a day off, just a little lump on the throat that needs to be cleared, or a kick in the ***! LOL

Feels good to know I am not alone and it gets better. This has to get better...it just has to!

THANK YOU BOTH for the kick! I know I can...and will.

Good luck to you too.

Members don't see this ad :)
No misery here and it is not needed, because you can do anything you set your mind and will to. Success belongs to those who want it bad enough. Do you want it bad enough? If your answer is: "Hell yeah!" then there will be nothing stopping you from achieving your goal. Go at it with everything you've got and save nothing for the return trip home. Pretend you are swimming out into a large lake with Ethan Hawke, the one who swims out furthest wins. Save nothing for the return swim back to shore and that's how you will win. Don't give up! Don't quit!

If you find yourself wallowing in self-pity and misery, you may be burning out. Take a day off. Yes a whole and complete day doing only the things you love doing. Reward yourself like you never have before because you probably haven't for a long time if ever. If that is not enough, take two days off. But, whatever you do, make it as a day for yourself, for what you want to do, for the things that you think are fun and make you happy. After that, the following day, take 30 minutes to go over a subject for the MCAT. Take a 30 minute break, and go at it again. Work your way back up, then take breaks. Take breaks regularly, but moderately. But most of all, don't give up! You've put so much hard work into this to reach the point of misery, but you got that much more hard work left to finish. Quitting is an option, but furthermore, it is a choice. You can choose to lose, or you can choose to win. Choose to win, trust me, it is actually the easier choice.

You should an motivational coach! I am ready to run some laps ... Nice post!