Mislabeled Course on AMCAS, Will they correct it for me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soundesign

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Basically what it says in the title. After submitting my AMCAS, I realized today that I mislabeled 2 of my courses. Basically I put down "CHEM1001" instead of "BIOL1001" in the course number area on 1 of my courses, and in the other one, I just didn't even put in the course prefix so it looks like "1001." Will AMCAS correct this for me, and if so, approximately how much longer what it take for me to get verified because of this?

Members don't see this ad.

Basically what it says in the title. After submitting my AMCAS, I realized today that I mislabeled 2 of my courses. Basically I put down "CHEM1001" instead of "BIOL1001" in the course number area on 1 of my courses, and in the other one, I just didn't even put in the course prefix so it looks like "1001." Will AMCAS correct this for me, and if so, approximately how much longer what it take for me to get verified because of this?

AMCAS will correct this. I dont think it will take longer, it just might not look good to med schools that you didn't care enough to proof read your application. NOT A BIG DEAL though.

AMCAS will correct this. I dont think it will take longer, it just might not look good to med schools that you didn't care enough to proof read your application. NOT A BIG DEAL though.
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I didn't catch my mistake most likely because I was looking for spelling mistakes so a mislabel dropped under my label. *sigh* :oops:

I'm sure people do this all the time and don't even realize it. You'll be fine.