misleading comments by interviewers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gotigers

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
now that many of us have had 1+ interviews, i was wondering if anyone else has had an interview with a dean of admissions or someone else other than a student, and at the end of the interview he/she said something to the effect of: you definitely fit profile of what we want here, i'll be giving you a very favorable review.
i know how screwy this whole game can be so i took this comment with a gigantic heaping grain(s) of salt. anyone else have a similar experience? kinda messes with your head, hopefully 10/15 will stop my head from spinning already...
good luck ya'all!

Members don't see this ad.

Well, one of my interviewers asked me 5+ times what it would take to make me go to school there. I don't want to get my hopes up, but he just made me feel like the school really wants me. I can't help but wonder if he treated everyone like that. Waiting for 10/15 will be tough, but it is only a week from today!

Texas schools seem the same way, all about selling their school to you. Then interviewers, "so what can I tell you to make you pick our school?" "You really just need to figure out what school you want to go to, where you will succeed."
...Oh really, it's my choice! I never knew...
The only bad news, October 15th is meaningless for Texas and that's the only place I've interviewed so far. I douby I'll be getting an acceptance where I haven't yet interviewed! Well, best of luck to everyone else.

Members don't see this ad :)
My story:

Last year I had 10 interviews, all but two blew sunshine everywhere. I received two acceptances and the rest dead-end waitlists and rejections. The two acceptances were at the two institutions that I thought were my worst interviews.

Hope this helps,

Try to find a distracting hobby such as drinking during this process,

-Salty :thumbup:

UCLAstudent said:
Well, one of my interviewers asked me 5+ times what it would take to make me go to school there.

I got that from a top school when I interviewed and then was soft-rejected (on the bottom tier of the waitlist) in March.

The bottom line is that there is very little correlation between the impression your interviewer gives you and what the adcom decides.

I know it's nearly impossible not to think about it, but seriously, once you interview, think about medical school as little as possible. There's nothing else under your control other than maybe sending a letter after Christmas to a school you really like.

:luck:

that's what i was afraid of! i wish the interviewers would be more straightforward...it's like they've forgotten the misery of applying and interviewing and want to torture us until the bitter end.

October 15th is also meaningless for Aug MCATers except for getting their scores back. :(