Missed Exam Policy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PMEDStudent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
P.S - It appears some will not even accept them. My friend however got lucky...

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, I was wondering if profs allow students to take a new exam if they have a doctors note.

Uhhh . . . you might want to ask your prof this question. How on earth would we know what your prof allows?

In related news, does anyone know what my girlfriend is getting me for my birthday?

Members don't see this ad :)
Uhhh . . . you might want to ask your prof this question. How on earth would we know what your prof allows?

In related news, does anyone know what my girlfriend is getting me for my birthday?

Pokemon playing cards.

I called it.

I lol'd :laugh:

Hi guys, I was wondering if profs allow students to take a new exam if they have a doctors note.

The way you worded this, it sounds like you're asking if it's possible to retake an exam. Is that what you want to find out about? Either way, you will have to contact the instructor to find out his policy, although it was probably addressed in the syllabus. They're usually not too thrilled about having to write up a whole new exam for a single student. So, the ones who do allow it often won't allow it for anything less than being unable to take the test because you were in the middle of having a kidney removed in an emergency transplant to save the Dean's life. A simple case of cholera might not be enough.;)

In my experience, every person I know that had a doctor's note for an exam was able to retake it. However, those multiple choice, short answer, fill in the blank exams were all converted into essay exams.

It was my school's policy to let you retake exams if you were ill (with doctor's note) or there was a death in the family.

check with your professor. i would think that they would be accomodating in the case of an illness with documentation.