1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Missed Interview...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Timmythemic22, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Timmythemic22

Timmythemic22 Beep Beep Ribby Ribby
    10+ Year Member

People...

Short and sweet, I'm an ass. I actually put down the wrong date for a med school interview. After profusely apologizing to admissions, I was able to reschedule a date. What should I do now? Should I try and contact my interviewer (who will interview me again) and try to explain before my interview? I'm REALLY stressed out about this!

Thanks for the help guys...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. BooMed

BooMed Optomist
    5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    A few months ago I was in a similar situation. I actually missed my big job interview at the hospital because I thought it had been rescheduled. (Weird story.) The guy's secretary called me up one minute after I should have been there and basically chewed me out, gave me a lecture on how important my interviewer was and said goodbye. I said "Thank you anyway for the opportunity" and hung up, completely embarrassed and depressed.

Luckily, she called back a few minutes later, I guess Mr. Bigwig had more of a heart than her, and I got the job in the end. In that situation, I did immediately send him an email thanking for him for his understanding and expressing my horror at the mistake. I let it drop after that though, it's not the end of the world, no matter how terrible it feels.

In your case, I wouldn't email the individual interviewers, but I might send the admissions office a little thank-you note for being so understanding and going out of their way to help you.

Good luck! :luck:

4. Mr. Freeze

Mr. Freeze Not right. (in the head)
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I had a nightmare the other night that I did just that. Thankfully, I only woke up in a cold sweat and reminded myself my interview isn't for another two weeks. Since I don't know what I'd do, I won't pretend to.

5. This has happened to me more than once, although not necessarily a nightmare... i just wake up freaked out because i thought i missed class or something else important, and then i realize it's only Saturday :laugh: