Missing calls?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mellybean

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If for some reason you miss (or accidentally hang up on) an acceptance call, would that have an adverse effect on your applicant status? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

If for some reason you miss (or accidentally hang up on) an acceptance call, would that have an adverse effect on your applicant status? :confused:

no

acceptance calls are usually just a formality. the real goods are in the packet that you receive in the mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
How would missing a call affect your status if you've been accepted? A phone call is simply a means to notify you, in addition to the packet. If you feel bad for missing the call, email them.

I'm curious what happened to make this question come up?

What if you are accepted off the waitlist? I heard that they call you and ask you if you want the spot. I'm a little worried because I don't have reception during the day when I work.

What if you are accepted off the waitlist? I heard that they call you and ask you if you want the spot. I'm a little worried because I don't have reception during the day when I work.

I would assume they would leave a message and/or send you an email.

Change your greeting to say that the best way to get in touch with you is to leave a message and that you check your messages several times a day.