Missing Class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alakazham

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an MS1 and I've been missing a lot of class due to waking up late. I watch lectures online but they take me a while and I finish late at night, leaving me with little time and energy to study the material afterwards. Is there anyone else who has had this problem with waking up for class?

Members don't see this ad.

class? what is this high school?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnMBVYAPqtQ[/YOUTUBE]

Don't just watch the lectures; actively pause, rewind, and take great notes. Then you don't have to study on top of that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most lectures are pointless anyways. I just got exam grades back and I found out the one class I regularly attend was my lowest score. Coincidence? I think I'll start skipping that one to study too.

I'm an MS1 and I've been missing a lot of class due to waking up late. I watch lectures online but they take me a while and I finish late at night, leaving me with little time and energy to study the material afterwards. Is there anyone else who has had this problem with waking up for class?

Not being able to wake up? Dude, either wake up and go, or don't go. Whichever works for you. Set an alarm clock / multiple alarm clocks on your cell phone / whatever you need to do, or embrace sleeping in and watch the lectures when you can. Pick one. :thumbup:

I think I have literally shown up for a total of 42 days of lectures during the last two years and I still got all A's.

I'll let you know how it went on boards and then we can have the final verdict.

Momma Robbins
Robbins Review
Lippincott's Biochemistry
Lippincott's Microbiology
Lippincott's Pharmacology
Costanzo Physiology
Young and Young NeuroScience
High Yield Embryology
A histology text/atlas
An anatomy atlas

Go through the above in 6 months and you should be done with the first two years of medical school on your own. Then just do a bunch of qbanks and you will be the boss. I can't wait to open my own medical school.

Last edited:
I totally ignored class in my second year, and I'd recommend the same to everyone. Don't listen to lectures, double speed or otherwise. Look at the powerpoints, if available, and read review sources for the topics they focus on. Do practice questions in USMLERx. Success!

I totally ignored class in my second year, and I'd recommend the same to everyone. Don't listen to lectures, double speed or otherwise. Look at the powerpoints, if available, and read review sources for the topics they focus on. Do practice questions in USMLERx. Success!

Did Rx kick your ass when you started? A few of us were talking about that the other day. Seems like it's the bigger, badder brother of GT's question bank.

2nd year is even more impossible to go to class and also learn everything. Technology is your friend.

Did Rx kick your ass when you started? A few of us were talking about that the other day. Seems like it's the bigger, badder brother of GT's question bank.
Most definitely. I recall a couple UW scores in the 40's, too. Even for someone like me who's usually a pretty damn good test taker, it takes a little while to start thinking how they want you to. I don't know anything about Gunner Training, but with Rx and UW around, I'd probably leave it alone.

Dude, seriously? I haven't been to class in months!!! Whatever works for you.

The funny thing is whenever I did go to class, I would sit dead center in the front.

Except when they had mandatory classes for the last block, I just sat in the back on and rocked it on Pandora and USMLERx