Missing lab prerequisite and just found out - what do I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kerokerocereal

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I graduated 2 years ago with a B.S. in biochemistry. It was never required for me to take physics lab, and my university did NOT couple the physics class with the lab classes. They are separate.

I genuinely thought I'd be fine on pre-reqs having completed a B.S. and did not look that closely at many of them. I recognize that this was irresponsible of me, as I am now finding that many schools require 1 year of physics lab.

It's July and these are COVID times. I don't know if it'd be possible for me to complete the required coursework before matriculation, especially for schools that require you to take it for a full year. For me to take the class in Fall at my nearby community college, I have to take the calculus based series, and I haven't taken calculus in more than 6 years. Would it be best for me to attempt this anyway?

Or, should I e-mail schools and ask for some kind of waiver? Do they even do that, or is that not worth pursuing?

Thanks for any advice that y'all can give.

Members don't see this ad.

Agreed with above! Science courses are being held online at the vast majority of undergrad colleges/universities.

Call. Ask.

Thanks so much to both of you for the prompt replies! Guess I gotta hit the grindstone and get this done. I wish I was still just worrying about secondaries ;~;