Mississippi College Biomedical Science or Tulane Physiology Masters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teauxmo13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking to do a masters program during the gap year if I do not get in off one of the waitlists that I am currently on for dental school. I know a good bit about the MC program, but would like some insight on the Tulane Physiology Masters program if anyone has any. Both are 1 year programs and are geared towards admission into professional programs.

Members don't see this ad.

I am looking to do a masters program during the gap year if I do not get in off one of the waitlists that I am currently on for dental school. I know a good bit about the MC program, but would like some insight on the Tulane Physiology Masters program if anyone has any. Both are 1 year programs and are geared towards admission into professional programs.

I think both are good, but I would go to MC if you can get Miss. residence. UMiss only admits in state students and your chances would be extremely good if you are a decent candidate

I think both are good, but I would go to MC if you can get Miss. residence. UMiss only admits in state students and your chances would be extremely good if you are a decent candidate
I'm a Louisiana resident, and LSU has some of the cheapest instate tuition in the country. Not sure it'd be the best move to switch to MS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Shouldn't you maybe ask LSU admissions? I know nothing about Tulane's but have hard MC is quickly becoming recognized broadly. If Tulane is a good program though you would think LSU would be more familiar with it and that could hold some weight.

Shouldn't you maybe ask LSU admissions? I know nothing about Tulane's but have hard MC is quickly becoming recognized broadly. If Tulane is a good program though you would think LSU would be more familiar with it and that could hold some weight.
Yeah, I'm waiting on my answer from them.

I'd call all the schools you were interested in going to and ask. If I were you I'd take upper level sciences courses as a post-bacc at a 4 year university. Yeah your GPA might not go up as much as a masters degree, but you'd save enough money to apply to a bunch more schools.

I'd call all the schools you were interested in going to and ask. If I were you I'd take upper level sciences courses as a post-bacc at a 4 year university. Yeah your GPA might not go up as much as a masters degree, but you'd save enough money to apply to a bunch more schools.
Been there done that. Made a 3.8 in Post-Bacc classes for a year and got waitlisted at 5 schools. After talking with some of the schools I've decided to go with MC.

Been there done that. Made a 3.8 in Post-Bacc classes for a year and got waitlisted at 5 schools. After talking with some of the schools I've decided to go with MC.

This is an excellent move, I finished in May and also dental :) if you're trying for LSU, I hear they want a 3.6 + from MC biomedical sciences and a 21AA dat and pretty much you're guaranteed in LSU dental program. Good luck!!! If you need any material for MC classes or help picking combo of courses to take, lemme know!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone heard anything about the MS program at LSU-Shreveport?? I've applied but I don't know anyone who has gone there. The curriculum looks great and it's a 1 year masters.

I got accepted off a waitlist. I did not do the MC program. Thanks though!

I got accepted off a waitlist. I did not do the MC program. Thanks though!

No Prob! I noticed after I had already commented lol. Indiana u? I'm really hoping to get an interview there! How do you like it so far? :)

No Prob! I noticed after I had already commented lol. Indiana u? I'm really hoping to get an interview there! How do you like it so far? :)
Like any school, it has its pros and cons, but overall I am very happy with the school and my class.

Hey all,

I was accepted to this and Tulane Pharmacology (another one of those Tulane SMPs). Has anyone else had to make this choice? To me Tulane seems like the better choice. However, MC has the draws of maybe being cheaper and starting in the spring (if needed). Does MC have a better or equal reputation to the Tulane SMPs?

I'm a LA resident and my first priority is getting in to LSU.