Mississippi College: Master of Medical Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kingsingh

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The program is listed on aamc's website as a SMP. I could not find any info about it on SDN. Is it any good?

Members don't see this ad.

I had the same question! I was looking at SMPs on the AAMC website and came across the M.S. Medical Science at Mississippi College. Anybody has heard about it? :):)

I just got accepted to this program. After talking with the program head, who also works at Univ. of Mississippi Med School, I learned that doing well in this program sets you up for admission to that school. The program consists of medical-level courses taught by at least one medical school professor.

I was surprised there was no info for this program on SDN. It seems like a gem considering the cost (about 12k), the fact you get a MS in one year, and that it feeds (albeit unofficially as it's a different school) into Univ. of Miss. Med School, also low in cost and not without a decent match list.

By the way, if you apply to the med school you have to be a resident of MS by the time you matriculate, so you would have to move out there sometime in July to be a resident by the 2008 matriculation date.