Mississippi State 2020 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't heard a peep. Even if we are wait listed, they tend to move well into that list for OOS apparently. Just keep busy and don't worry about it!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't heard a peep. Even if we are wait listed, they tend to move well into that list for OOS apparently. Just keep busy and don't worry about it!

Yeah, I'm thinking they are probably done with acceptance offers and rejections and waitlists will be next. Definitely do not know for certain but just a theory! But you are right, the OOS waitlist moves a lot! If this the only place you're waiting to hear from? I still have my IS to interview at, so hopefully it all pans out for both of us!

Yeah, I'm thinking they are probably done with acceptance offers and rejections and waitlists will be next. Definitely do not know for certain but just a theory! But you are right, the OOS waitlist moves a lot! If this the only place you're waiting to hear from? I still have my IS to interview at, so hopefully it all pans out for both of us!
I've been going crazy waiting for either an email or a phone call. Hopefully they'll rip the band-aid off soon and put me out of my misery! (OOS, from Louisiana too...had my interview January 29)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks and good luck with your next interview! If we've gotten a few interviews then our chances are good I think, even if we're going to be pulled off of a wait list. I'm still waiting to hear back from an interview last weekend.

Thanks and good luck with your next interview! If we've gotten a few interviews then our chances are good I think, even if we're going to be pulled off of a wait list. I'm still waiting to hear back from an interview last weekend.
Good luck! Where did you interview?

Good luck to you as well! Minnesota
Thanks! Very good!!
Does anyone know if they're done with calls? I'm going to be anxious until I get an email or SOMEthing

I'm not sure. It seems like they could easily have called those accepted from out of state in two days. I would've expected more people on here saying something about it though. Lol yeah same I was doing well with not obsessing until last night.

On previous threads, it's taken more than two days. I've decided it's no worth speculating and news will come when it can. I'm sure they're working feverishly!

Reactions: 1 users
On previous threads, it's taken more than two days. I've decided it's no worth speculating and news will come when it can. I'm sure they're working feverishly!
I'm sure you're right...can't do much about it! Just gotta try and keep my mind busy

Got the call around 11:30 CST! OOS, Interviewed February 3rd :joyful:

Got mine too, hope to see you all in Starkville!

Join the Facebook group MSU CVM Class of 2020!

Members don't see this ad :)
All that worrying for pretty much nothing. Guys, I promise, I won't be this neurotic in vet school. Got my call at 4:10 CST!

Hey y'all, still haven't heard either. I am SC contract hopeful, but I think they already sent those acceptances out. I guess I'm now in the running for OOS with hopefully a waitlist to a contract seat.

Anyone who got in want to share their stats?

Hey y'all, still haven't heard either. I am SC contract hopeful, but I think they already sent those acceptances out. I guess I'm now in the running for OOS with hopefully a waitlist to a contract seat.

Anyone who got in want to share their stats?

First time applicant, OOS
cGPA 3.4
Requirements 3.5
Last 45 3.8
GRE
148 Q/152 V/4.0
800 mixed animal experience, thousands in a shelter, non vet research experience, held some leadership positions

Got the call around 11:30 CST! OOS, Interviewed February 3rd :joyful:

I saw you were accepted to the OSU today, congrats! Will you still consider Mississippi or are you attending your dream?

Got my OOS acceptance today as well!!

Okay! I am still waiting to hear from some schools, so not sure where I'll end up though!

Same, I just joined to get to know some people lol.

It is set to open, so not sure why. Just add me on Facebook and I can add you. Austin Whitmon

the group is closed. Upper classmates will want to join and be in the group at least until your class starts (to give you advice and sell books, etc), then we all leave the page. Best way to buy cheap books and school material. Also good place to get advice on where to live if OOS.

*Name removed*

I know this has been a few days now, but I highly recommend not posting your name on a public internet forum. Just some general internet safety. You can have private conversations with people in order to get them into the facebook group. But posting your name on a public internet forum is not smart.

the group is closed. Upper classmates will want to join and be in the group at least until your class starts (to give you advice and sell books, etc), then we all leave the page. Best way to buy cheap books and school material. Also good place to get advice on where to live if OOS.

Did you send a request to join and it not be approved yet? Admins let people in when they request, unless the settings just changed.

@lauragerm any news? I need another Louisianian!
No but I haven't gotten an email with bad news...so that's good at least? Hopefully I'll hear something tomorrow cause I just want to know my fate before my LSU interview. When if yours??

The group is set to open. Admins just approve who gets in. So if we are all not awake when the request is sent it may take awhile.

No but I haven't gotten an email with bad news...so that's good at least? Hopefully I'll hear something tomorrow cause I just want to know my fate before my LSU interview. When if yours??

Feb 23rd. I'm literally the only IS I've talked to that is interviewing on that day!

If you haven't heard anything yet of your status, check your email! They just sent me a copy of my acceptance letter.

Hey, is anyone going to open house on the 1st? If I can get a car, it's during my spring break, so I'm considering it.

I'm c/0 2019 at State, you should definitely come to Open House! It will be kind of more geared towards a younger audience but it'll still be a good time. I'll be working the aquatics room, come say hi!

I gave up my OOS spot so hopefully someone here gets it!!

Does anyone know for sure is 2.8 overall is the only minimum GPA requirement for State to save me a phone call Monday? My midterm grades were a little lower than standard for me and I'm really paranoid about losing my acceptance if I can't raise them. I'm passing everything (like a C, a few B's and 2 A's, I'm at 20 credits, I maybe 1/10 recommend doing this your last semester) and of course my cGPA won't go below 2.8 with that, and neither would the last 45, math and science and upper level GPAs that they look at. I know the acceptance letter said successful completion of prereqs and maintaining all GPA requirements. Is 2.8 overall really the only one?

I'm just worried a downward trend will look bad/lazy on my part when I've just had a horrid semester. :(