Mississippi State 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So ive been stressing about loans and OOS costs lately and kind of want to hear what you guys think! Ive been accepted to midwestern, waitlisted at a few state schools and just interviewed at mississippi! I LOVED Midwestern, and im definitley a city girl but its so expensive! I LOVED mississippis program too and was very impressed, plus its the cheapest of my OOS options so its at the top if my list! Problem is there doesnt seem to be much going on in Starkville and I’m scared I won’t like it/won’t fit in! Any advice on what you guys would do in my situation to help ease my mind would be great!

I completed my undergrad here in Starkville and the town is so welcoming! One of the sayings here is that we are a “family” and it’s so true across all aspects of MSU, so I have no doubt that you’ll fit in, especially among your vet school peers. And there are some fun things to do in/around the Starkville area! Firstly, the SEC sports environment is amazing (falls in Davis Wade are unmatched, as well are springs at Dudy Noble). We also have a very friendly pet community with several places to take your furbabies for walks, the refuge is a pretty place to go to enjoy nature/eno/relax, we have some decent bars downtown and in the cotton district, and we’re within driving distance of several larger cities (Tupelo, Birmingham, Memphis, ect.) if you wanted more to do! I personally like that there are some things to do here, but the options are not too overwhelming, so I can make myself focus on school instead of going out too often.

Members don't see this ad.

So ive been stressing about loans and OOS costs lately and kind of want to hear what you guys think! Ive been accepted to midwestern, waitlisted at a few state schools and just interviewed at mississippi! I LOVED Midwestern, and im definitley a city girl but its so expensive! I LOVED mississippis program too and was very impressed, plus its the cheapest of my OOS options so its at the top if my list! Problem is there doesnt seem to be much going on in Starkville and I’m scared I won’t like it/won’t fit in! Any advice on what you guys would do in my situation to help ease my mind would be great!
Also keep in mind Starkville is close to a few more major cities, so there is room for travel on some weekends. I do agree though, from the sound of it mostly undergrads live there, so the only people to really hang out with are your classmates, who you spend every second with in the first place. I am from a smaller sized town originally so it's not as big of a culture shock thinking of moving to a place like starkville so keep those things in mind! You know where you fit in best, and to me the environment you live in is important to maintaining good mental health

Members don't see this ad :)
One of the current first years I talked to said she interviewed last year on January 31st and was accepted on February 9th. So close!!

Reactions: 1 user
I got rejected which I’m honestly not surprised about. My interview didn’t go as well as some of my other ones I had, plus wasn’t really down with the whole tattoo thing since I already have visible ones lol. But I’ve been accepted to my first choice so all is good! Good luck and congrats to everyone who has been accepted, it’s a great vet school!

I got rejected which I’m honestly not surprised about. My interview didn’t go as well as some of my other ones I had, plus wasn’t really down with the whole tattoo thing since I already have visible ones lol. But I’ve been accepted to my first choice so all is good! Good luck and congrats to everyone who has been accepted, it’s a great vet school!
I'm sorry to hear about that! Did they send you the rejection notice via email? I haven't received word of either acceptance, waitlist, or rejection, so I'm just wondering......

Reactions: 1 users
When were you interviewed?

I'm sorry to hear about that! Did they send you the rejection notice via email? I haven't received word of either acceptance, waitlist, or rejection, so I'm just wondering......
Yes got an email tonight.

Members don't see this ad :)
They are most likely rejecting/accepting by date then. January 31st was the first day of interviews.
I interviewed on the 30th! This is stressing me out so much ugh

IS- rejected. I interviewed on 2/5. Good luck to everyone else

Accepted contract SC seat. Interviewed Feb 2nd!

Are they still sending emails or was this done earlier today?

I have received nothing so far but got accepted at missouri so not freaking out as much, haha. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything.

They are most likely rejecting/accepting by date then. January 31st was the first day of interviews.
I interviewed OOS on January 29th. Ugh the waiting is killing me!

Accepted. Im OOS. Just got the call and it's 5pm EST. Still waiting on UGA for my final decision.

OOS alternate! Here's to hoping it moves quickly!

For those that were put as OOS alternates, did you guys get a call too? I got a call earlier but missed it because I was in a exam, so I'm trying to figure it out!!!

For those that were put as OOS alternates, did you guys get a call too? I got a call earlier but missed it because I was in a exam, so I'm trying to figure it out!!!
No call just an email. So looks like you’ve got an acceptance waiting for you, congrats!!

How long did it take to get the acceptance email after the phone call? I got called at 5 EST today and was told she would send the email and have yet to receive it, haha.

How long did it take to get the acceptance email after the phone call? I got called at 5 EST today and was told she would send the email and have yet to receive it, haha.
I got called at 2:45 EST and still haven’t gotten it.

OOS waitlisted :bang:

Anyone who got an acceptance call on Friday get the email following up?? Still haven't gotten anything o_O

Anyone who is an alternate, did you ask Missy where you are placed? I emailed her immediately on Friday and I haven't gotten anything back :(

I am on the alternate list and asked Missy on Friday as well. I have not heard back from her, but I can only assume that she is probably very busy. Also, I am sure that letting students know what position they are on the alternate list is not a priority right now for the school. I was hoping to hear something today, but I won’t expect to for at least a couple weeks.

Okay now I got the acceptance email! Came at 3

I wish we would have gotten a legit letter.

We might; I know Tennessee & most schools send them out at the same time they send out emails, so you normally get it a week or two later.

One of my friends is number seven on the waitlist, does anybody have some input on whether or not she should be excited or anticipate getting a spot?