Mississippi State class of 2015 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twelvetigers

stabby cat
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is the only school I applied to that doesn't have a thread yet, so I thought I would go ahead and start one even though we won't be hearing anything for a while. Who else applied? I'm OOS. :)

Did everyone choose to send a picture?

Members don't see this ad.

Yay!! love to see this! Sending in a picture doesn't really matter...they take one of everyone the day of the interview

I sent in a picture of me and my horse :) One of the vets that I shadowed got rejected from Mississippi and she said that I have to get in and live her dream for her :) So excited/nervous for this application cycle!

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to Mississippi too! And yes, I sent in a picture. I sent in a picture of me and my horse too :) If I remember correctly, they don't send out interview invites until late December/early January...right?

ETA -- I'm OOS as well

I also applied OOS. I sent in a picture of me at my graduation this past May as it was the most recent picture I had of myself. Good Luck everyone! :luck:

I applied for a contract spot (SC resident). I sent in the staff picture from my clinic job. When I met Dr. Meiring earlier in the year, he told me it was highly recommended to send one in! Also, I think they let the in state and contract applicants know about interviews before out of state (I know they interview them first).

Good luck everyone!

Yeah, the ONLY reason they ask for a picture is so they can put a face to the applicant. What is really scary, is if you are admitted, MANY of the professor work really hard to learn everyones name before the first day of classes. It's a bit freaky how good some of the profs. are at this.

I remember, on my second day of Anatomy lab (First year, first semester) one of the professors called me by my first name.

I was like, WTF? Even though its a class of 80, they do everything in their power to make if feel like a class of 20.

The only bad part, if you run into one of them in a store, its pretty embarrassing if you forget their name.

I applied as OOS. I don't have a lot of pictures of myself so I had to use one that was a few years old. Anything newer I was usually standing in a group of people. The good news is I look pretty much the same, the bad news is that I've gained some weight since the picture so not exactly the same.

I applied OOS. I chose not to include a picture because a. I don't have any recent ones and b. I'm terribly unphotogenic, which probably contributes to a :p It seems silly when I type it out but I just decided not to.

Ok guys I applied and OOS. Forgot the picture to..lol Ok so funny story. I am sitting in a Spanish class and checking my email, I know I should be listening. So I see this email from Mississippi and my heart jumps "Interview" !!! Oh no it was we are missing your transcripts from your previous college and need them sent to us by the 24. And this was on Monday...I jump out of my seat knocking my chair and all of my books on the floor and go running out of class. As I am calling them in tears of how am I going to get a transcript from Tennessee to Mississippi when I'm in Indiana, I realize, Oh I got married maybe it is under my maiden name...lol And it was. I thought they had changed before it was sent but I guess they didn't.

So I hope this makes you guys laugh. I am sitting on the edge of my chair waiting like everyone else...Good luck and I hope we all get in!!!:xf:

Got my confirmation of everything email last night. Made my heart stop seeing the subject ("MSU-CVM Applicant Status") but just a confirmation and invitation schedule. Looks like MSU is one of the next schools we'll all be hearing from. Looking at last years invite thread, looks like they don't do waves but just a day or two?

I also applied as OOS :) I got the email confirming everything was there so now I just have to sit back and wait......easier said then done ahah

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys!
I was just letting you know that I got an email saying that invites will be going out a couple of days before Christmas, and if you have not heard anything from them by Jan. 1st to contact them. Oh and if you are invited for an interview that fall transcripts have to be in by Jan 15th. Hope everyone gets good news and have happy holidays :)

Is anyone else expecting to hear from MSU this Friday? That's when they sent emails last year and (according to the email from Missy) their offices are closed starting the 20th. Am I completely wrong? :scared:

Is anyone else expecting to hear from MSU this Friday? That's when they sent emails last year and (according to the email from Missy) their offices are closed starting the 20th. Am I completely wrong? :scared:

That's totally what I am expecting too! :scared:

I'm with you guys, I think today would be the most logical day... ahh, scary considering I'm a Colorado State applicant too!

It's 9:35am, and I've already checked my email for MSU and portal for CSU.. haha oh the waiting game....:confused:

If I look back at MSU emails, they've gotten to me at like 11pm!! How is that possible? 11:56pm! 11:47pm! I don't want to wait that late!

Maaaaaan. Stressful.

If I look back at MSU emails, they've gotten to me at like 11pm!! How is that possible? 11:56pm! 11:47pm! I don't want to wait that late!

Maaaaaan. Stressful.

Seriously!! I have already refreshed a million times (and g-mail refreshes itself - I just can't help it!). I've been so patient but I am starting to lose my cool ;)

Seriously!! I have already refreshed a million times (and g-mail refreshes itself - I just can't help it!). I've been so patient but I am starting to lose my cool ;)

Haha, I've been doing the same thing...all day. For the sanity of your furture vet students, please hurry up Mississippi! :D

Jesus you guys scared me! :scared: It hasn't been that late for me TT; I hope I get something before I try to go to sleep tonight or else I'll be lying there with my phone up to my face waiting. Ugh this is miserable.

Maaaaaan. Stressful.

My emails have been coming around 7 PM...and it's 7:01 PM! Gah, this is too stressful!

I'm a bit confused though - it says I either missed the GPA cutoff (a 2.8) in one of the three sections. I know it wasn't cumulative, and I don't see how the required or science would be below that either. OR, alternately, it says I made a C- or lower in a required course, which definitely isn't the case.

So, what, I have to wait until January to ask about it? Huh.

I just got my email! I have an interview on February 16! :)

Woohoo - congrats!! Me too! :D
It hit my inbox at 6:58pm. Glad I've been obsessively refreshing for the last two hours... it paid off!

Sorry to hear it, twelvetigers. Hoping some good news comes your way very soon!!

Whoo-hoo! Interview on Feb 16th!!! Anyone going to the Pre-vet Symposium at MSU this year? I went to last year's at Purdue.

Wait - sorry for the multiple posts - but I think I just figured out. They pulled an Iowa. That is, they took chemistry, physics, and math grades and did a GPA from only those. Well, my chemistry grades are probably my whole problem. So, maybe the lesson here is I should research how a school calculates GPAs a bit more before applying? Blah.

Yeah I just got my interview invite today too. I actually just sent in my deposit for the university of Melbourne today though too....I really hope I made the right decision. any thoughts?

Yay!! Got my invite tonight too! 2/16.

I definitely applied to this school...I've been getting every email update thus far and they told me my application was complete. But I didn't get a rejection (which I totally expect) or an interview invite.

Anyone else...no email at all?

I can't believe I got an interview invite! Got it by email for Tues, Feb. 16. Anyone going to the pizza party? I will probably go but will be missing Microbiology lab.

Is there alot to check out in Starkville? I hear it's small and not much there - great to stay on the narrow path for studying in vet school.

Got an invite as well! 2/14. I'm a bit bummed about not being around my SO on Valentine's, but it's still super exciting!

Does anyone know (roughly) what percentage of OOS students who get interviews will be accepted?

Got an invite as well! 2/14. I'm a bit bummed about not being around my SO on Valentine's, but it's still super exciting!

That was the second thing out of my boyfriend's mouth (after congratulations of course!). We decided that we'll do an early V-day on the weekend (my interview is on Tuesday).

got the email, interview on January 31... made for a bi-polar day, rejected by Colorado, but interview for MSU :) I'll take it!

Does anyone know (roughly) what percentage of OOS students who get interviews will be accepted?

At the interview last year, they said the year before they interviewed 225 OOS applicants and accepted 45 of those.

Not sure if this is of any use... but on 09-16-2010 Mississippi published the following:

http://msucares.com/news/print/cvm/cvm10/100916.html

Relevant excerpts from it:

In 2009, 763 nonresidents applied for admission, bringing the total number of applicants to 830.

CVM admitted a class of 84 this year, with 40 of those seats reserved for qualified Mississippi residents.

Missy Hadaway, admissions coordinator for CVM, said 260 students were offered interviews last year, and about 200 were actually interviewed for the 84-member class.

I got an interview invite for 2/16!!!!!! :D Does anyone know the evaluation process (i.e., what percent of the admissions decision do our interviews account for, etc).

I definitely applied to this school...I've been getting every email update thus far and they told me my application was complete. But I didn't get a rejection (which I totally expect) or an interview invite.

Anyone else...no email at all?

Anyone? Anyone....Bueller?

I guess I should call tomorrow.

Anyone? Anyone....Bueller?

I guess I should call tomorrow.

They did say if you hadn't heard anything by Jan. 1, let them know. But I know you have to be going crazy! Calling may not work (they said they'll be out of the office Dec. 17-Jan. 3), but email is supposed to be open!

[email protected]

For those of you who RSVP'd for your interview via email, did you receive any confirmation back that they had received your RSVP? I know their offices are closed until Jan 3rd (?), but I was just curious.

I RSVP'd the night of the 17th, and I did not receive a confirmation. I assume we won't hear back until after the offices open up again? I figured if I had not hear from them by the end of the first week in Jan I would just follow-up