• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

wannagetin09

10+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Anyone heard anything back from Mississippi? I know the majority of the people here are from the North and the great states of Texas and Cal, but I was just wondering if there is any southerners who had a clue about UMC

About the Ads

wannagetin09

10+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
It does exist sadly enough. And believe it or not they have a dental school. Tho I haven't heard of anyone else applying there. My mom lives there so I got to apply as an instater even though im from arkansas. Kinda depressing they have a dschool and we do not.

Contach

10+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2008
NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
how many people live in the states of arkansas and mississippi?

SouthernLace

10+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
It does exist sadly enough. And believe it or not they have a dental school. Tho I haven't heard of anyone else applying there. My mom lives there so I got to apply as an instater even though im from arkansas. Kinda depressing they have a dschool and we do not.

There are a few of us who have gotten in for c/o 2013. My husband and I were both accepted December 1, and another friend of mine was as well. I ran into a girl I interviewed with the other day and she reports three of her friends have gotten in as well. Other than that, I am not too sure! Good luck!

jjohnny1185

10+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I'm a D1 at UMC and actually spoke to someone on the admissions board yesterday. He said that the majority of the class is filled, but there will most likely be a few more acceptances. I know they were still doing interviews as of today so they must have at least a few spots left! He also said that this was by far the most competitive group he's ever seen....

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.