misspelled name of admissions director

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmz6

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i usually dont sweat the details.. but.. having trouble with this for some reason-

i sent an email to the director of admissions at Umich (Katie Horne). However, I addressed it to Thorne. I know that it seems rather minor, but it kind of shows disrespect I think. Do you think a followup email of apology is in order? or should I just let it be?

thanks!
mmz6

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah her email address is kinda confusing with the "kt" at the beginning. I've gotten the impression she's pretty chill, and I'm sure this isn't the first time this has happened. Just forget about it and don't call attention to it. She'll wake up tomorrow and not remember it at all.

mmz6 said:
i usually dont sweat the details.. but.. having trouble with this for some reason-

i sent an email to the director of admissions at Umich (Katie Horne). However, I addressed it to Thorne. I know that it seems rather minor, but it kind of shows disrespect I think. Do you think a followup email of apology is in order? or should I just let it be?

thanks!
mmz6

actually, now that she's married it's katie mcmaster, i think? but if i were you, i'd send an email just with a quick apology. (katie horne to be on the safe side...) i've had my name misspelled so many times it gets kind of irritating, and i think it's a nice gesture to acknowledge it. (especially if you're trying to get off a waitlist! ;) )

Members don't see this ad :)
at least you didn't say, Katie Horney

I think I sent her a letter last year addressed to Katie Horn. I didn't get an interview even though they asked me for letters and secondary which normally means an interview. Send that e-mail now!!