Mistake in letter of interest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentistJoon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent a letter of interest and I wrote the schools name as: XXX School of Dental medicine instead of XXX School of Dentistry!!!

How bad is this...
will it affect my chances... what should I do

Thanks =)

Members don't see this ad.

leave the country. you should lay low for a while. let things settle down

Reactions: 17 users
It seems like it isn't that big of a deal to me, but of course, I am not a member of the Admissions committee, so I don't really know. How many times have you contacted the school you are interested in? And through what forms of communication (email, phone)?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think it's a big deal

Last edited:
This is probably not a huge deal, I think you'll be alright, it's not like you completely misspelled the school's name

The carpenter's motto: Measure twice, cut once.

Reactions: 3 users
Why don't you call the school and ask them personally? I'm sure they would be more than helpful in providing you with the steps you need to take to correct this fatal mistake.

OMG, I thought you said you wrote like Harvard instead of Yale or something.( That would have been BAD) Com'on, School of dentistry vs School of dental medicine shouldn't be a big deal.
PS: I do not work in admissions though.

Reactions: 1 users
I thought you kept XXX as in you were reminding yourself to 'insert school name here' and sending them to a couple of schools. Haha I was thinking that was a huge deal and had to re-read

Reactions: 1 user
I thought you kept XXX as in you were reminding yourself to 'insert school name here' and sending them to a couple of schools. Haha I was thinking that was a huge deal and had to re-read
no I wrote the name of the school but like instead of dentistry wrote dental medicine.... what do you think

It will probably be something to smile about and then no big deal. I can't imagine it hurting you!

Reactions: 1 user