Mistake on AMCAS work/activities section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shovo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I forgot to put shadowing as one of my activities on my amcas application, but I already submitted my application. Is there anyway I can modify that portion?

I submitted my application but it hasn't been verified yet as I havent sent in my transcript. Is there anything I can do, or am I screwed?

I think my only option is to simply write about my shadowing experience in my secondaries. If there is an alternative, please let me know.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I forgot to put shadowing as one of my activities on my amcas application, but I already submitted my application. Is there anyway I can modify that portion?

I submitted my application but it hasn't been verified yet as I havent sent in my transcript. Is there anything I can do, or am I screwed?

I think my only option is to simply write about my shadowing experience in my secondaries. If there is an alternative, please let me know.

Thanks!
AMCAS will not correct the omission. Alternatives:

-You can pull the entire application and get a refund of all but ~$160 since you are not yet verified, but if you do that, you can't apply again until next summer.

-Or you can use applicable Secondary prompts to communicate the Shadowing activity.

-Or send update letters, where allowed.

-Or mention it at interviews.