Mistake on thank you letter, help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Resident Alien

What?
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i get my 1st interview, and after it start on writing her a thank you letter. After posting it, I find out that she was an MD, and not a PhD, as i titled her.
I don't know how to professionally or informally (for that matter) handle this mistake. Any suggestions my fellow SDNers? :(

Members don't see this ad.

Just send another note, saying how embarrassed you are at your mistake.

Originally posted by SMW:
•Just send another note, saying how embarrassed you are at your mistake.•

I was thinking of re-stating the whole letter, and this time also apologizing for mis-titling her. Would that work?

Members don't see this ad :)
How did PhD even end up on the letter? Why didn't you just address her as Dr.? And I would say it might be best just to let it go, unless you underlined and bolded PhD. She probably won't notice. I would hope I would have better things to worry about if I was on an adcom.

Last time I checked..Dr. was for both MD and PHD...why did you put PHD???
I just put doctor on all mine :)

I would say let it be...or just send another one and change the letter to "dr." and that's all :)

Originally posted by Scooby Doo:
•Last time I checked..Dr. was for both MD and PHD...why did you put PHD???
I just put doctor on all mine :)

I would say let it be...or just send another one and change the letter to "dr." and that's all :)

Dude, i addressed her as Bla Bla, PhD on the letter head. In my salutation, i said Dearest Dr. so and so.

Im thinkin of not sending another one, i don want her to think im obsessive to the point of immaturity (and i wouldnt want to do that.......we discussed on the need for maturity in upcoming physicians :p given that im 19)

I think its just a case of post-1st-interview effort for a pristine appearance.
:D

Definitely don't send another complete letter. Thank you notes should be notes, not letters, in my opinion.

...and they should be sent in the singular, as in a note not notes. Even with a mistake. You don't want to look obsessive.

Thank you SMW and rxfudd. :) Whats done is done, onto the next interview :)

I would just forget about it. I accidently dated my thank you notes Sept. 5th rather than October 5th and I felt very stupid about it. I considered sending another note mentioning my error but then I figured I would appear alittle too obsessive. My mistake didn't keep me from getting accepted!

The only reason i wrote a letter was that she asked me to clarify something during the interview, and I had to get back to her on that. So it was like a 2-in-one job.

With that, i'd like to bring closure to this now-useless topic

:D