Mixed Reviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTinthemaking15

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally, I intended on writing the MCAT May 19th, but I have slowly realized it isn't a possibility (WAYYY behind). I read through a few threads and felt relieved when SDNers explained that an MCAT date in June/July was doable. Lately a few post state otherwise. Can anyone elaborate?

URM
Good EC's
Should have solid LOR's
cGPA:3.58
uGPA:3.62
BCPM (If it is possible to apply MD); science GPA: 3.33; 3.41-3.44

Members don't see this ad.

Don;t apply late just dont! .. It's doable but you're tremendously decreasing your chances of getting an interview. Look at your stats dude!

Don;t apply late just dont! .. It's doable but you're tremendously decreasing your chances of getting an interview. Look at your stats dude!
Haha thats what I am trying to avoid. Due to a school agreement I am guaranteed an interview at a nearby DO program, but I want to make sure that I have plenty of options. That is why I was hoping someone could suggest a gap year or to throw in my app "as is."

Haha thats what I am trying to avoid. Due to a school agreement I am guaranteed an interview at a nearby DO program, but I want to make sure that I have plenty of options. That is why I was hoping someone could suggest a gap year or to throw in my app "as is."
oh, i see.. Now that's different.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah haha. I am in a crazy situation and I am not sure what to do. I never thought a test would drive me this crazy.

If he gets a good score then he is more than fine.. Good ECs, LORs, not suicidal GPA, URM, good mcat score will equal plenty of interviews for him if applies broadly. OP, you really only want to take the MCAT once so if taking it mid june will give you a good chance of getting a much better score than take it then. The most important thing is turn around time for secondaries... submit your AMCAS when it opens, and then the mcat score will automatically be added to it when it comes in.

On another note, similar stats to you, stellar ECs and LORs, and I am 100% applying MD. Your fine, just don't screw up the MCAT.

Reactions: 1 user
If he gets a good score then he is more than fine.. Good ECs, LORs, not suicidal GPA, URM, good mcat score will equal plenty of interviews for him if applies broadly. OP, you really only want to take the MCAT once so if taking it mid june will give you a good chance of getting a much better score than take it then. The most important thing is turn around time for secondaries... submit your AMCAS when it opens, and then the mcat score will automatically be added to it when it comes in.

On another note, similar stats to you, stellar ECs and LORs, and I am 100% applying MD. Your fine, just don't screw up the MCAT.
Thank you! It helps knowing I have a little more time. It isn't ideal, but I don't want to walk out of the exam kicking myself in the butt lol. That is what I was going to ask next! I had high hopes I can submit without the MCAT. Looks like I better start asking for those LOR's ASAP!

Thank you! It helps knowing I have a little more time. It isn't ideal, but I don't want to walk out of the exam kicking myself in the butt lol. That is what I was going to ask next! I had high hopes I can submit without the MCAT. Looks like I better start asking for those LOR's ASAP!

Yes, ask for the LORs asap, but you don't even need those in to submit your AMCAS application for verification. Good luck!