MKSAP vs. MedStudy for Board Review?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

texas_ute

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
At end of PGY-2 now, and wanted to start gradually reviewing over the next year. Any opionions on MKSAP vs. MedStudy for IM board review??

Members don't see this ad.

texas_ute said:
At end of PGY-2 now, and wanted to start gradually reviewing over the next year. Any opionions on MKSAP vs. MedStudy for IM board review??

I liked reading Medstudy and taking the MKSAP questions. I think the MKSAP questions are more like what I saw on the boards. The MedStudy questions seemed to be more esoterical.

I found MKSAP more difficult to read for content, I ended up falling asleep and not retaining much. MedStudy was much easier to read.

But that was about 4 years ago, I know there are newer editions out there and this may have changed.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks. I have the MKSAP12 already, so I will probably do that just for the questions. The small amount of the MKSAP reading I have done, I have found somewhat dense and slow, so I will try to pick up a copy of MedStudy for the reading. I had also heard from some others that the MedStudy reading is better for preparing for the boards than MKSAP, but would like to hear any other opinions....

Reactions: 1 user