MMEP: CWRU or Yale?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedQuest

Da Truth
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to hear coments about both programs.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I had the pleasure of attending Yale MMEP, summer 2002, it was excellent. Not only did I learn a lot but I had a lot of fun! MMEPers shadowed physicians in Yale-New Haven hospital, spoke (one-on-one) with members of the admissions committee about anything. A lot of students (including me) had members of the admissions committee read their personal statement and critque it. We had dinners with medical students (our mentors), movie night, cookouts, game night, and parties. We learned a lot about medicine, Yale (their unique system) from biomedical lecture series (Dean of Admissions spoke with us about what they look for in prospective students), and minority medical student and residents panel.

While at Yale, I couldn't help but to be excited (I was at the best institution in the world), surrounded by great researchers, and physicians. I made a lot of friends (from all over the country) who I still keep in contact.

We did a lot of studying and still had time for fun. In deciding between Case and Yale, you should consider where you would want to go to medical school. I hope you choose Yale! :p I can honestly say I had a wonderful time this past summer. I hope you will have the opportunity also.

Send me a pm if you have any questions.

hi,
I am thinking about applying for the MMEP program. As far as I am anxious about the whole application, I have a few questions for you:
1. how early did you apply for the MMEP at Yale?
2. How many students are there? Have you seen any Asian student in the program since I am one of them?

thanks for your response.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my application in November and heard from Yale (and two other sites ) two weeks later. Submit your application early, and contact the Program Director, Ms. Jackson (express your interest in Yale and describe how you can be an asset to the program, doing so will make you stand out among other applicants!).

Unfortunately, there were no Asian MMEPers, alot of Hispanics and African-American, but don't be discouraged. If you apply early (and speak with Ms. Jackson), I'm sure you're a shoe in. Good luck. :)

I submitted my application in November and heard from Yale (and two other sites ) two weeks later. Submit your application early, and contact the Program Director, Ms. Jackson (express your interest in Yale and describe how you can be an asset to the program, doing so will make you stand out among other applicants!).

Yale MMEP isn't looking for only applicants with 4.0s, tons of extracurriculars. There were quite a few MMEPers with less than 3.0 GPA and no extracurriculars.

Yale MMEP '02 had about 115 students from across the country, lots from HBCUs. Unfortunately, as I remember, there were no Asian MMEPers, alot of Hispanics and African-American, but don't be discouraged. If you apply early, I'm sure you're a shoe in. Good luck. :)

Hi, Shoeclothes

Thanks for your great advice. I really appreciated it. Also, may i have your email address in case I have more questions. I can wait to apply for the MMEP.
Again, thank you for your help and good lucks in your application process for medical schools.

What's MMEP?