Mock Interview next week. Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ahens23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have two mock interviews from both of my in-state schools. (University of Alabama, and University of South Alabama) The people doing the interviews are mostly people who will be doing the real deal when it comes time for it. I'm a sophomore, applying after senior year.

Questions:
1.What kind of questions to expect?
2. Wear a suit just like a real interview?
3.Anyone done this before? Do they give a "mock" acceptance?

and any other general advie would be appreciated. Thanks!
And I searched this topic before posting, don't go there.:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

I have two mock interviews from both of my in-state schools. (University of Alabama, and University of South Alabama) The people doing the interviews are mostly people who will be doing the real deal when it comes time for it. I'm a sophomore, applying after senior year.

Questions:

LOL. Calm down. First off, I suggest going to the Interview Feedback page for both those schools and reviewing questions interviewees were asked. That being said, you should be able to answer why medicine, why this school, strengths/weaknesses, elaborate on any of your activities, etc. As for a suit, I'd call and ask them whether it's typical to wear one to their mock interview. Keep in mind that this is practice and in no way is it going to affect your chances of an acceptance down the road. In all likelihood, you're not going to do so hot, but that's why it's called a mock interview. Consider yourself lucky to be getting an early start. Take all the constructive criticism they have to offer and use it to improve.

Members don't see this ad :)
First, that's really exciting that real interviewers come and offer you mock interviews. That's excellent practice, so congratz to you on getting that!!!
The downside is that there might be a small evaluative element to the interview, ie if you get the same guy when you interview at the school and he didn't like you the first time (or, worse, you don't take his advice!).

I wouldn't worry about it, though. I think first you have to look at it as a learning experience. The second most important thing is to be confident (not cocky, huge difference). From there, just do all the things that you know you're supposed to do. Firm handshake, eye contact, etc. Be your usual charming self ;-)

Questions:

Answers:

1. See other replies about post-interview surveys
2. Ask your pre-health advisor. I'm pretty sure the answer is going to be yes, though.
3. Only through my pre-health committee, so nothing of this caliber. At my school they sent you a paragraph to indicate some of your flaws.