Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Mock Interviews

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Dominator39, Aug 21, 2001.

1. Dominator39

Dominator39 Member
    7+ Year Member

I have an interview next month with my top choice school, but I don't have any other interviews before then. What are your opinions on mock interviews? I was thinking of doing a couple, but I've heard some bad things about them. Would you recommend doing a mock interview at the very least before a real interview? What are other good ways to prepare besides reading common questions and talking to yourself in the mirror?

2. BeckyG

BeckyG Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Mock interviews can be invaluable, if the interviewer is good (i.e., someone who can keep you on your feet and maybe even trip you up a couple of times -- in an effort to improve your presentation). I think presentation is very important for interviews and that you have to do a good job at "selling" yourself, your fit with the school and your unique qualities. Granted, it's not everything, but a bad interview can kill you. The only other thing to make sure of is to have questions for your interviewer. Good luck!