Mock Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dominator39

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview next month with my top choice school, but I don't have any other interviews before then. What are your opinions on mock interviews? I was thinking of doing a couple, but I've heard some bad things about them. Would you recommend doing a mock interview at the very least before a real interview? What are other good ways to prepare besides reading common questions and talking to yourself in the mirror?

Members don't see this ad.

Mock interviews can be invaluable, if the interviewer is good (i.e., someone who can keep you on your feet and maybe even trip you up a couple of times -- in an effort to improve your presentation). I think presentation is very important for interviews and that you have to do a good job at "selling" yourself, your fit with the school and your unique qualities. Granted, it's not everything, but a bad interview can kill you. The only other thing to make sure of is to have questions for your interviewer. Good luck!