Modified SN2eD schedule (work + family)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RastaONELOVE

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you modified this schedule due to other obligations, please tell us how. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in grad school full time, so I essentially split every day in half and am doing it over 6 months instead of 3. I also don't do the EK 1001 questions because I don't think they're helpful, and I don't plan on doing the hat trick. I also adjusted break days for when they work for me and my exam schedule in school and other commitments. So far it's taken about 2 hours a day, 5 days a week and isn't overwhelming. If you have more hours a week you can dedicate to studying, then you could definitely squeeze it down to less than 6 months.

I appreciate it. I don't think I will be doing the hat trick either but I do like the EK 1001 questions. When o you intend to sit the exam?

I was originally planning on late May, but now I'm thinking the June date. I don't consider a July application/verification to be late and I could use the extra time. When are you thinking of taking it?

August the latest; I'm continuing to evaluate the dates to see what's best. If I do August then my application won't be verified until October, pretty scary!

Eek, that is scary. I'd shoot for a July date if you can manage it. Could you start studying now?

I am thinking about it, and I may as well go ahead and do that. I have all the materials, just need to get in gear despite the other obligations.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mmh, before you worry about late verification, remember that you can submit your app without scores for verification. I submitted mine in early June about a month before my scores were released so it would be verified quickly. The scores are auto-attached to your app and sent to schools asap on release. That would mean a July test date = app complete by August score release if you submitted your app without scores. You can also submit it to only one school (i.e. a safety) when you submit your app so it can be verified, wait for your scores to come out, then submit to more schools immediately after score release. That way, if your score is lower than you want, you can readjust your schools list.

Right. But an August MCAT and a September application isn't a good idea.

Mmh, sorry, I should have specified better. An August MCAT is pushing it, definitely. I meant to say a June/July date should be okay though and not to freak out into pushing for a May test date the OP wouldn't be read for. I may have scanned this too quickly and assumed that was where OPs thoughts were headed. My bad.

Mmh, before you worry about late verification, remember that you can submit your app without scores for verification. I submitted mine in early June about a month before my scores were released so it would be verified quickly. The scores are auto-attached to your app and sent to schools asap on release. That would mean a July test date = app complete by August score release if you submitted your app without scores. You can also submit it to only one school (i.e. a safety) when you submit your app so it can be verified, wait for your scores to come out, then submit to more schools immediately after score release. That way, if your score is lower than you want, you can readjust your schools list.

This may be a very good idea. Just applying for one school so my app can get verified and strongly aim for a July test date. I'm gonna think about this and see. Thanks!